News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Has ebay been good to you?

Very nice finds, men! I've never bought anything off of e-Bay and very, very rarely even go there to look around. My concern is, how often does it happen that the item sent to winning bidders is not the item they bid on? Is there any way to verify that you're dealing with an honest seller? Or do you just have to know who you are buying from as well as what you are buying?

Here is the only "good" deal I've ever gotten off E-bay.Japanese NCO parade sword. $92

Before I started to make some contacts in the coolecting world ebay and antique stores sere my only source to "get my fix" of militaria.Most of what I got off Ebay I feel I overpaid for.I think the sword was the exception because the guy couldn't take very good pictures.

I'll post the reast of the pics in the proper forum.

Jim P

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 50 Year Faithful Service Box, it was very cheap for the box and rare in the fact it had the seldom encountered Deschler 'sticker' on the lid liner, I've encountered this twice before on other boxes, one I own already an Honour Roll case.

I was very lucky and fortunate. There weren't any bids on it either.

Edited by Marcus H

When i do buy militaria from E-bay then it's almost always photos from the German site. That's happening less and less though as the prices have simply gone ballistic.

On the militaria front i have scored one or two nice things but it doesn't happen often, we all know what they're like when it comes to TR stuff and if a good item appears that i'm interested in then i'm almost always not the only one to have spotted it.

To be honest Milliweb has been much kinder to me, still 75% dross but the odd diamond in the rough does crop up from time to time.

Lots of things .That KM cap posted in the Uboat thread was $320 buy it now described as an army cap .This is my latest a German badge with a sunray .Rob.

How bizzare ,as I was writing that the doorbell went and the postman was standing there with the envelope containg the patch .And what a cracker it is .Rob. beer.gif

Ebay has been good to me, I stray away from the German helmets on my own but if I see one I can afford I copy the pics and put it on a board and see what feedback it gets. I got this WWII Bulgarian M36 C off of ebay recently though and I love it! It looked better when it arrived than in the pics! ROCK ON Jon violent.gif

• 1 year later...

Some folks have frustrating experiances with Ebay sellers.... but frustrating experiances with people are all over...

If you collect standard awards and uniforms the prices may be high, but if you collect documents and things a little "off the wall"... then you can have some super buys.....

Best

Chris