News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I haven't been doing much collecting lately, as is the norm for me when sumertime arrives, but I did manage to acquire two really sweet unmarked zinkers I'd like to show. I know there are not a lot of 'zinc lovers' out there, but when they look as these do it's really hard to say no! The ROAG is definately FLL (or Unknown Maker if you like), but the GCB is a stumper. Hope you like!

ERIC

Thanks fellas :beer: , and I couldn't agree more Jos! Yeah JTW, best conditioned FLL ROAG I've ever come across myself, so it really wasn't a hard decision to add it to the collection. This example once resided in the Littlejohn Collection.

ERIC

Two really nice badges. Though I am one that doesn't care for zink badges once they turn grey, in this condition they are hard to refuse. I've seen (and actually own several) zinkers that I think look every bit as good as a buntmetal badge. When they look like this, the price difference between them and their buntmetal cousins make them seem like a bargain in my eyes.

Richard V

Thank you Richard! :cheers: I must agree - when they've kept a finish such as this they are every bit as attractive as the buntmetall counterparts, but when you're as addicted to these Luft badges as much as I am, even the "grays" hold a special place in the showcase. Geeez, I'm beginning to need another 'fix'!!!! :unsure::wacky:

ERIC

• 2 weeks later...

Eric,

I am one of those that prefers buntmetal to zinc, but both of yours are very nice and I especially like that GCB! :love:

I was going to say possibly Gustav Brehmer with that eagle and type catch, but I am not sure. It's very nice though!

Tim

Thank you Tim! The obverse does indeed seem to resemble Brehmer alot, but the reverse setup has me puzzled. I'm used to seeing the thin catch sitting on a big old catchplate instead of that thicker catch on a mini one. A minute difference, but not enough for me to label it a "GB" either. Would love to see a marked "GB" with this style catch/catchplate to be certain! Anybody? :unsure:

ERIC