News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Darrell,

These are scans from Shishkov book "Awards of the USSR" - Vol 4 - 2005 edition - pages 442-444.

Cheers.

Ch.

Still, nice to see.

But, if lifting (a delicate word) an illustration from a book (where someone else did the work), it would, I think, be good practice to note that. When an item if from your collection, that seems unnecessary and may be assumed.

Ed

That is nearly pricelss! :)

Dear Eric,

in capitalism everything has a price tag ;) ....

As far, as I can remember, that Glory-set had been on the market some years ago. So, it might be possible, that "slava1stclass" is now the owner of this extraordinary set.

Not taking the #1 of the Glory 1st class into account, the market price of this set might be almost in the 30.000,- USD region, due to the borderline 2nd class. O.K., it contains #1 of Glory 1cl and the citations of the 3 Glories might be also highly interesting. That fact might double the market price. At least for me, such a set is much more interesting, than a Tractor-Lenin for the same amount of money.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

These are scans from Shishkov book "Awards of the USSR" - Vol 4 - 2005 edition - pages 442-444.

Cheers.

Ch.

Thought so. Thanks Ch.

• 2 weeks later...

A NY dealer had this group for sale and was originally asking $20K for it - this was back in about 1998 as I remember. I was talking to several collectors about a year later and I heard that he sold them for much less than that; I think around $12K. Cheap by today's standards, but back when you could buy a normal Cavalier group for around $3500, that made it a bit pricey! :cheeky: I might have some better pics of it in my files and will post if I can find them.

Dave

A NY dealer had this group for sale and was originally asking $20K for it - this was back in about 1998 as I remember. I was talking to several collectors about a year later and I heard that he sold them for much less than that; I think around $12K. Cheap by today's standards, but back when you could buy a normal Cavalier group for around $3500, that made it a bit pricey! :cheeky: I might have some better pics of it in my files and will post if I can find them.

Dave

I wonder if the owner has had the group researched!! I would love to read that story!