News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bulgarian partisan badge

Hi!

I have just received a Bulgarian Partizan Badge & document from a seller over in Sofia. Unfortunately my library staff will not allow me to send a scan as they are worried that it may 'break' the scanner. When i have kearnt how to use a digital camera (a family member just bought a top range photo-phone) i will try to get a scan done. Have any of you got any examples of this badge? The document is complete, & has a photo which is correctly stamped & has the embossed state seal etc..., & there is absolutely no doubt that it is all genuine. There is only a tiny chip to one arm of the stars enamel. The screw disc has its makers marks & it appears that somone has been 'clipping' the edges of the disc!!!!! In olden times, folk would take clippers to silver coins in this way; i am puzzled as to why anyone would do this to a medals screw plate though!!!!

I am very sorry i cannot supply a picture; as soon as i find a way to do so, i will. I really need to share this one. It is one of my absolute treasures.

In the meantime; it would be good to see any others that i can do comparisons with.

It cost me about $70 (U.S.).

YES!! That is the one.

Mine has a chip to the enamel in the lower left point, which has had some plastic type substance poured in to fix it; a rather good repair & a perfect match for the enamel.

The screw plate has weAR TO THE BOTTOM SO THAT THE RIM & THE LOWER PART OF THE LETTERS ARE GONE. tHE EDGES OF THE SCREWPLATE HAVE ,LITERALLY, BEEN 'CLIPPED'!!!!

(sorry, didn't mean to shout there; my caps lock was on!!!!)

Until i get a scan i don't expect you to fully know what i mean by this, but the plate has been clipped in a 'uniformed' way; as though it has a meaning!!!! Such as, 3 big clips with a small clip between the 2nd & 3rd, on both the top & bottom!!!! It is obviously a thing which was done years ago, as the metal has oxidised over & collected a dark patina which only many years can provide.

The document is the best bit!!!!!! It was awarded in 1960!!!!

I NEED TO GET THIS DAMN SCAN DONE, BUT I HAVE NO ONE TO HELP ME!!!!! I NEED to SHARE this baby, i just ADORE ANY partizan item.

I have both the russian medals; the Czech standard & mini; the Yugo 3rd class (russian made); Bulgarian & document; Albanian 1st class. If i could, i would have ALL the available partyzan items with all documents, from all nations, all in cases; but i would need a million ?s for that!!!!

Until i can get the scan, i will shut up about it!!!! :speechless:

Here's mine. I suspect that this association was filled with padders and grafters like in Hungary, but there were real anti-Fascists in the ranks: the Old Guard. There is little interest in Bulgarian items, but given the wholesale sell off of government stores in @ 1997 and the availability of items, it will pick up -sort of- eventually.

Also the lack of reliable information is also a hampering factor. Reimer's book helps a little, but only a bit.

Edited by Ulsterman

• 1 month later...

It's the membership badge of the SBPF (founded in 1946): The Society of Fighters against Fascism...(AKA The "Death to Fascism and Freedom for the People" Society)so yes a very early Communist Partisan society badge and made at a time BEFORE the Apparatcheks flooded the ranks.

• 2 months later...

Nice-

word on the street is that Riemers' book has a few copies/restrikes and fakes in it. I can't say which or where, but he clearly was dependent upon specific dealers. I suspect in a few years after more research has been done we may even find a couple of howling errors....and maybe even a fantasy badge or two.

To be fair, reading the text, he was somewhat aware of all this, but the book is far better than no information at all. he shines light on an otherwise obscure area.

I am quite glad I got my copy.

hello, see this booklet for sale on "E"... the stamps do lack... should we consider this as a fake or is the 1970 date an explanation about the absence of any stamp?

Seb,

No stamps, no signature. Do I need to keep going on? :rolleyes:

Marc