News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Hungarian collection

Dan -

Very nice - you scored a very rare and complete 1969 version. This one is the only one I have seen cased and complete. cheers.gif

Hi Charles,

Many thanks my friend!beer.gif I was hoping this was still the case as when I read through the "big" thread I believe that was the comment you'd made back then as well. I know Gordon showed one of the 1959's as a cased set but no 69's. Hoping against hope for the 59 now. Will post it if I get it.jumping.gif

And again many congratulations on your book! I can't wait to get a copy!!!!jumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gifbeer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 135
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

Tomorrow, 23rd October is the Hungarian National Day. We celebrate the 53rd anniversary of the Revolution of 1956. To mark this day I decided to share with you an arty picture taken from an extremely rare Hungarian order from 1947. (There were 16 awards made only!)

cimbineus

kozb-ar-fek-980-g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.j

Edited by cimbineus

• 4 weeks later...

Dan,

The International Tourist Year tab;e medal is interesting. It appears to be in a Hungarian type of case but it is a French medal. Can you post the top and bottom of the case please.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Will be happy to but will have to wait till they arrive. Hoping it won't be more than another week or so. Soon as they get here I'll do pics and pop them up.

Thanks!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

As always - neat stuff! The most interesting, just becasue it is not so commonly encountered is the formal document for the 1959 medal commemorating the 40th annaversary of the ill fated 1919 Hungarian Soviet Rupublic. Have not encountered too many of the formal documents and the signatures are probably autopen variety - but what makes this more interesting is that it was awarded to a woman. Her name is also interesting - "Marischka, Zoltanak" - or the wife of Zoltan Marischka. Very slav last name. Anyhow - rare document to begin with and men get more medals than women even in the "utopian societies" so its a rare"er" bird... :jumping:

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,

The International Tourist Year tab;e medal is interesting. It appears to be in a Hungarian type of case but it is a French medal. Can you post the top and bottom of the case please.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. I got these in about a week ago but have been up to my ears between work, travel, etc. Also many thanks for your help re: those DDR bars.cheers.gif

Here's some pics of the case. I just did them with my digital camera but let me know if you need scans. I've included an extra just to show that it looks redder with flash than without.

Anyhow hope these help solve the mystery.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 1 month later...

cimbinius,

Great photos of some rare medals. Would you please post a picture of the interior of the boxes. I have one colour but not the other. Were there boxes in different colours for each of these medals? If so, can you please tell me which colour box went with which medal.

Regards,

Gordon

cimbinius,

Great photos of some rare medals. Would you please post a picture of the interior of the boxes. I have one colour but not the other. Were there boxes in different colours for each of these medals? If so, can you please tell me which colour box went with which medal.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon,

Thanks for your kind words. To my best knowledge, yes, there were both types of boxes for both, the Order and the Medal too.

As requested, here is one box:

anyasagi-dobban-g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.j

cimbineus

• 3 months later...

My latest... took forty one days to arrive from Hungary!speechless1.gifspeechless1.gifspeechless1.gifspeechless1.gif But thanking God that they finally arrived safe and sound.

I'll have to dig out my scanner and do some scans of the badges front and back. It's a very nice set. Now I need this one to add to the set:

Dancheers.gif

• 4 months later...