News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites:

After a little break I am glad to introduce to you my brother's all lippische (Schaumburg) medal bar... It's quite rare to get a medal bar with all medal of a such small German states. On top of that it's a rarer non-combattant bars.

I noticed that lately the prices have been increased also for those medals that earlier weren't considered so hot and desirable.

? Kreuz f?r treue Dienste am Nichtk?mpferband (OEK 1256/1)

? Hausorden, goldene Verdienstkreuz, 1917-18 (OEK 1219)

? Hausorden, silberne Verdienstkreuz, 1869-1918 (OEK 1219)

? Erinnerungsmedaille an die Silberne Hochzeit, 1907 (OEK 1242)

Enjoy!

Ciao,

Claudio

Thanks guys!

@Joe: actually I file all my medal bars and fill out a form with all the medals' data with OEK #, etc. It saves time also for me when I look back at my medal bars and at the same time it trains my memory...

Ciao,

Claudio

• 2 years later...

Dear forumites,

On H?sken (Galerie d'histoire) online catalogue I found a completely similar bar, also construction and color of the fabric on the back, of my brother's bar. It comes with urkunden and a name: Baumeister Adolf Krauss.

Here's the description of the dealer's bar for sale with documents:

NACHLASS DES F?RSTLICHEN BAUMEISTERS ADOLF KRAUSS: Gro?e Ordensspange mit 4 Auszeichnungen: Kreuz f?r treue Dienste 1914 am Band f?r Nichtk?mpfer / Goldenes Verdienstkreuz des Orden des Ehrenkreuzes (Gold) / Silbernes Verdienstkreuz des Orden des Ehrenkreuzes / Erinnerungsmedaille an die silberne Hochzeit 1907.

Beiliegend die Verleihungsurkunden zum silbernen Ehrenkreuz 1901 mit eigh. Unterschrift F?rst "Georg", zum goldenen Ehrenkreuz 1903 mit eigh. Unterschrift F?rst "Georg", zur Erinnerungsmedaille an die silberne Hochzeit 1907 sowie Ernennungsurkunde zum "Hof-Maurermeister" 1870 und zum "F?rstlichen Baumeister" 1906 u.a. Urkunden gefaltet

Do you think that this combination unique is? I think so, also because the non combattant awards are extremely rare.

I'd really appreciate your comments on this.

Ciao,

Claudio

Dear forumites:

After a little break I am glad to introduce to you my brother's all lippische (Schaumburg) medal bar... It's quite rare to get a medal bar with all medal of a such small German states. On top of that it's a rarer non-combattant bars.

I noticed that lately the prices have been increased also for those medals that earlier weren't considered so hot and desirable.

? Kreuz f?r treue Dienste am Nichtk?mpferband (OEK 1256/1)

? Hausorden, goldene Verdienstkreuz, 1917-18 (OEK 1219)

? Hausorden, silberne Verdienstkreuz, 1869-1918 (OEK 1219)

? Erinnerungsmedaille an die Silberne Hochzeit, 1907 (OEK 1242)

Enjoy!

Ciao,

Claudio

Unusual and beautiful.

Guest Rick Research

Claudio-- there are, unfortunately 27 double Merit Cross recipients for whom I have no other data to eliminate them, from the Rolls. Actually, without this new data on Krauss (SVK 10.10.01, GVK 11.10.03) it would have been 28. :cheers:

Soooooooo close!

If the noncombatant Cross for Loyal Service in War and 1907 Jubilee RECEIPTS (individual slips of paper, no "rolls) ever get done.... :rolleyes:

Thanks to our Solomon here, that HAS been done for several "invisible" DETMOLD awards which will appear in that half of Lippe's awards rolls books when both are published next in the Krause-Lundstr?m series.

Someday... someday.

In the meantime: EXULT in your Gold Merit Cross. I mean, set your alarm for 3 AM every single night and get up and :jumping::jumping::jumping: that you HAVE one.

Ohhhhh yes. THAT rare.