News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, I bought this small ladies medalbar , just coulnd?t resist it :love:

The first of the two missing medals is no problem , a Preussian Red Cross 2nd class

but how does the other missing one look like?

white -Blue - White ?? Bavarian Red Cross ?

Anyone out there who knows what this medal looks like? :unsure:

All info is welcomed

Christer

Edited by christerd

Hello again,

:unsure: I am missing something here and was wondering if you might be able to explain it. I noticed that you describe your piece as a ?small ladies medalbar? and am wondering what makes it a ladies (gender specific) group.

Thank you,

Wild Card

Hallo Gents, :beer:

I think that there is a misconception that anything with the ribbon shaped in a bow is a ladies award.

I have never seen reference to ladies wearing multiple ribbons in this manner. (as in post 1).

The pictures shown on post "4" to the left looks like a typical Ladies Bow.

More Bavarian Red Cross awards:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Though I rather agree with christerd - for me it's a lady's set, too. Of course those are not often seen - as they're insane rare. These may be the awards to a high ranking Bavarian Lazarettschwester, may be a Lazarett boss'. Ever seen a man wearing more than one award in full size witth bow ribbon?! All I've ever seen were single Iron Crosses worn on such lapels on wedding photos, never a set of full sized red cross awards ... ;)

Here's a similar set from my father's collection, which for me a lady's set as well:

christerd

it is a prussian red cross 3rd class - 2nd class would have an enameled cross

saschaw

you post a wonderful example,

but it appears to be missing 2 medals - a prussian red cross

and whatever went with the blue ribbon

Hallo all!

Right now I am in Latvia, but when I return home and the medals have arrived I will post better pics.

There is two Red cross ribbons on the bar so i assume that its the 2nd class and 3rd class

Like Terminator I'll be back

Christer

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

Hallo Gents, :beer:

I think that there is a misconception that anything with the ribbon shaped in a bow is a ladies award.

I have never seen reference to ladies wearing multiple ribbons in this manner. (as in post 1).

The pictures shown on post "4" to the left looks like a typical Ladies Bow.

More Bavarian Red Cross awards:

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-950-1204526274.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-950-1204526297.jpg

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-950-1204526181.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-950-1204526230.jpg

Hello Kevin!

I just bought a Bavarian Red Cross awards that looks just like the one on the lower photo. I have never seen any Bavarian Red Cross awards looking like that before and the prize was just too good not to buy it. I got it as an extra bonus when I bought a Austro-Hungarian Red Cross medal.

I wanted to ask you if you know anything more about these ?Bayr. Landesverein Vom Rote Kreuz? awards? Do you know maybe what kind of lapel ribbon that might go with it?

P?ter Nyitray

Kevin in Deva. :beer: