News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some very special ribbon bars

I've been reorganizing my archives and found this nice photo of three of the rarest WW2 ribbon bars I owned.

Triple NSDAP Long Service

Double RAD Long Service

SS Long Service

Niceu.

What did you think of the one sold within seconds on Niemanns site this afternoon?

Teeny weeny picture

What did you think of the one sold within seconds on Niemanns site this afternoon?

Teeny weeny picture

Did DN have an additional photo clearly showing THAT secific bar being worn? (the bar seems mostly covered up in the photo above)

Scott

Yes, the photo shows quite clearly this bar in a period photo!

THAT bar has been on Weitze's site for months, if not years, as part of a large lot to SS-Hauptscharf?hrer Hans Filgis, SS-Panzer-Gren-Rgt. 3 "Deutschland". I am actually surprised Detlev split up the lot, but maybe he just got the ribbon bar. With those devices, ?300 is not too much, I think.

Here's the complete photo of Filgis:

Edited by webr55

THAT bar has been on Weitze's site for months, if not years, as part of a large lot to SS-Hauptscharf?hrer Hans Filgis, SS-Panzer-Gren-Rgt. 3 "Deutschland". I am actually surprised Detlev split up the lot, but maybe he just got the ribbon bar. With those devices, ?300 is not too much, I think.

Here's the complete photo of Filgis:

Do you, please have pic(s) of the complete group?

Yes, the photo shows quite clearly this bar in a period photo!

Wow. I would have scoffed at that bar had I seen it at a show - it has a 'put-together' look. Anyway, nice grouping.

Scott

Edited by Scott

Many thanks for posting the group, a shame that we don't know where is the rest (WP, medals.......)

Yes, thanks, I didn't save the other scans. I only have the text:

Waffen-SS: Ordensnachla? mit Wehrpa? aus dem Besitz von SS-Hauptscharf?hrer Hans Filgis, zuletzt im Regiments Stab SS-Panzer-Gren-Rgt. 3 "Deutschland" Der Nachla? umfa?t den Wehrpa?, ein sehr sch?nes Portraitfoto, alle 17 Auszeichnungen sowie seine Feldspange.

Der Wehrpa? ausgestellt von der SS-Standarte "Deutschland" 1936, komplett mit allen Eintragungen: Diensteintritt am 1.10.1934 bei der 2/SS "Deutschland" bis 31.3.1938, original Unterschrift "Kumm" SS-Hauptsturmf?hrer u. Kompaniechef. 15.7.1939 bis 1.1.1940 bei 2./SS-Deutschland. 21.1.1940 bis 9.10.1943 im Rgt. Stab SS "D". 10.12.1942 bis 19.12.1943 Stab SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt. "Das Reich". 2.2.1944 bis 8.5.1945 Rgt. Stab SS-Pz.Grn.3 "D". Ein sehr interssanter Wehrpa?, komplett mit allen Eintragungen, Ausbildung, Bef?rderungen sowie alle Auszeichnungen, 7 Seiten eingetragene Gefechtsberichte: Polen, Frankreich, Ru?land, zuletzt Ardennenoffensive 1944/45. Dazu ein sehr sch?nes Portraifoto in Postkartengr??e als SS-Hauptscharf?hrer mit angelegten Auszeichnungen und der Feldspange. Alle Auszeichnungen und die Feldspange auf 2 Tafeln montiert und sauber beschriftet: Nahkampfspange in Bronze, Kraftfahrbew?hrungsabzeichen in Bronze, Silber und Gold, SA-Wehrabzeichen in Bronze, Reichssportabzeichen in Bronze, SS-Dienstauszeichnung f?r 4 und 8 Jahre, Erinnerungsmedaille 13.3.1938, Erinnerungsmedaille 1.10.1938 mit Spange "Prager Burg", Winterschlachtmedaille. EK 2. Klasse 1939, KVK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern, Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze, KVK 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze sowie Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

Dazu die Feldspange mit 6 Auszeichnungen: KVK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern, Winterschlachtmedaille. SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4 und 8 Jahre, jeweils mit aufgelegten Miniaturen, Erinnerungsmedaille 13.3.1938, Erinnerungsmedaille 1.10.1939 mit Spange "Prager Burg". Diese Feldspange ist auch auf dem Portaitofo deutlich zu erkennen.

Die Auszeichnungen und Wehrpa? sind in einer schwarzer Ordensschatulle montiert (der Wehrpa? l??t sich herausnehmen). Die Auszeichnungen sind zum Teil getragen, jedoch alle in sch?nem Zustand.

Ein ganz toller, einmaliger Nachla? eines Unterf?hrers der Wafen-SS !

BUT - - - guess you noticed as well - obviously that is not the ribbon bar from the Weitze lot (the Prague bar is missing)!

Might be another, second bar of Filgis - he is missing the Prague bar in the photo as well...

Edited by webr55

Many thanks for posting the group, a shame that we don't know where is the rest (WP, medals.......)

Yes it's a big shame. Can't figure out why anyone would split the group.

I think it would commend a greater mometary value togther than now, split up. Two of the best pieces are now missing. Can't see that it would go for a premium now.

BUT - - - guess you noticed as well - obviously that is not the ribbon bar from the Weitze lot (the Prague bar is missing)!

Either it is another, second bar of Filgis or.... ??

Sharp eyes mister.

Now it makes some sort of sense.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Indeed-- the CLASSIC signature combination of "flowers campaign" trio and Yugoslav/Greek/Russian campaign 1941 movements of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting however; it is against SS regulations to wear TWO "SS" long service ribbons on the ribbon (or medal) bar. The member could wear another long service ribbon denoting service in another branch of the Wehrmacht, or police or RAD, etc. but SS regulations prohibited the wearing of more than ONE "SS" long service ribbon or medal. Of course there are always exceptions.

As for the question regarding the awarding of the 25-Year SS Long Service Medal, it never happened. At the beginning of the war, the SS long service medal awards were suspended until the end of the war, which for the Germans didn't work out too well. The 12-Year SS Long Service Medal (silver) was awarded and there are pictures (even in color) of Heinrich Himmler wearing one on his medal bar.

Bob

Here are some medal bars that I have photos of... (once again, I don't know who these belong to. If I'm violating some rule or regulation about posting things that are not in my personal collection, please let me know).

Bob