News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think there's something else interesting and unusual about this medal bar!

Today's quiz!

Who can tell me something else special about this bar?

Normally the KO4 should be the first order someone got in old Prussia, and after some years of service the REO4 after the KO4. The REO4 looks like the type awarded up to the year 1854 (lilac eagle), the KO4 is the type awarded from 1867...

Is there a prize in your quiz :rolleyes:

Regards, Komtur.

Because these counterfeit pieces from grained poor. Such an eagle painting, there has never been in the original. The gold painting is here with gold bronze. Sorry my english is verry bad, but this one is 100% a copy. ;o( Mike Greetings

well For other to learn from my mistakes I cut it apart ! I believe only thing original to this bar is the kaiser medal ! crown order is a good one but was a a add on as was fake red eagle !!!!!

well i am learning a expensive lesson ! but when i got these there was no collectors internet sites!

I owned this for 15 yrs i think when did they start faking red eagles??? :violent:

well For other to learn from my mistakes I cut it apart ! I believe only thing original to this bar is the kaiser medal ! crown order is a good one but was a a add on as was fake red eagle !!!!!

well i am learning a expensive lesson ! but when i got these there was no collectors internet sites!

I owned this for 15 yrs i think when did they start faking red eagles??? :violent:

Please look also in the BDOS Magazin OMM Nr.75. Maybe can someone the article copy and here show. Greetings Mike

Orden-Militaria-Magazin 75, Dezember 1996

Dr. Peter Sauerwald

Serie: Kopien f?r Sammlerzwecke .... des Roten Adler-Ordens der 4. Klasse

(left original / right copy)

The copy is casted and of poor quality. The eagle is related to a Chicken Tandoori.

Edited by Komtur

Hello RAO

Just learned something knew, never imagined 4th classes would be copied. Thought that was reserved for the higher grades. Is this the same situation for the 3rd class Red Eagle in gold as well? Lately have seen plenty of 3rd class examples & now not so certain of orginality. If there are fakes in 3rd class are the copies easy to spot or more difficult then the 4th class examples. Thanks

Sincerely

Yankee

Hello everyone:

Scott, RAO is 100% correct and knows what he is talking about. These copies are well-known in Germany. Sorry!

Yankee, yes there ARE nice-looking (at arm's length anyway) GOLD RAO II and III copies out there. I have seen them offered by someone from Hamburg. They are well made, but not as good as the originals. I think that perhaps they were being made by jewelers to the east of Germany (Poland?, Russia?, etc......).

Caveat emptor!

"SPM"

Hello everyone:

Scott, RAO is 100% correct and knows what he is talking about. These copies are well-known in Germany. Sorry!

Yankee, yes there ARE nice-looking (at arm's length anyway) GOLD RAO II and III copies out there. I have seen them offered by someone from Hamburg. They are well made, but not as good as the originals. I think that perhaps they were being made by jewelers to the east of Germany (Poland?, Russia?, etc......).

Caveat emptor!

"SPM"

Hi SPM

Thanks for confirming this sad news. I have seen some with a very bright yellow gold and a shine to the white enamel perhaps that is a indication of recent manufacture. The Red Eagle maker marks I suppose would be most easy to forge since it is a simple initial on the arm. Just amazed somebody would go through the trouble of making a bar and sticking bad pieces, now 3rd class pieces could be suspect :speechless1: on a bar.

Sincerely

Yankee

Well, I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. That was my exciting news. The "Lilac" RAO was a copy.

Unfortunately, Scott has destroyed a perfectly good bar, that was salvageable...... not anymore.

I can understand frustration and anger, but destructiveness.....