News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet & Eastern Block Quiz

• Replies 2.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn now. :)

#1 To which building construction led this drawing?

#2 Where was it build and for which purpose?

#3 In which year?

Bryan,

That's a very nice pic :jumping: .

I'm sure this is not the right answer, but it looks like the Soviet Pavilion for the Universal Exhibition held in Paris in 1937...

Ch.

Here is another one, described as such by the seller :

"1939 World's Fair in New York, Soviet badge. Nickel-plated brass, enamel. Made in the USA. The design is the logo for the Soviet Exhibition. Typical Soviet design of the era depicting a young worker in coveralls holding a red star, with unfurled Soviet flag behind him.

37 mm tall. Shows several maker marks to the reverse, apparently of American Origin. Condition is very fine, with a tiny enamel chip to the upper left corner of the flag, and small internal cracks to the bottom right corner. The damage is barely noticeable. The nickel plating is practically intact, and there is very little wear overall. Comes with original screw nut."

Nice and interesting badge... made in USA.

Ch.

Pic : Collectrussia.

Well I had the 193 right. Copuld not remember late last night after a raucus dinner with some friends 1930- What? :cheeky:

I've seen a few of the US/Sov badge for the World's fair. My understanding is the badge was of Soviet design, but US manufacture.

Stogieman (Rick) gave the good answer for the place and Christophe the good answer for the year. So the first to come back on the thread can post an other question. :beer:

Here are 2 period pictures that were for sale few months ago on eBay.