News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A nice ribbon bar to a noted foreign minister

Glenn thanks for the post. Now what do we have on this nice ribbon bar????

1. 1914 EK2 (he did not get a EK1)

2. order of the White Falcon, Knight 2 with swords (yes rather rare)

3. Oldenburg Friedrich-August Cross 2nd class (he did not get the first)

4. Hamburg Hanseatic Cross

5. Hindenburg Cross with swords (FEK)

Can anyone trace who this bar is to? Again I ask what is the value of doing the research before buying the medal bar or ribbon bar?

A couple of hints: he was a LT in war and with HR 12. (you need the ranglistes for this one)

Edited by Paul C

Guest Rick Research

Let us not forget the newly published award rolls books :shame: still available from co-authors Daniel and me...

unless you have (or like) the ORIGINAL versions better! :speechless1:

GSF3bX, number 11 in 1916 to Prussians. :catjava:

Hi Paul,

Very nice ribbon bar. I see it and want to bid but I lost it. It is in a vey good home now :jumping:

I think it's a special point when we can see crown and swords on the SF ribbon., For me I prefer only seeing sword than swords and crown. Don't forger that the crown is not a special award like we can see with the Saxe Albrecht knight cross.

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

I haven't been able to find any nice clear photos of ol Joachim wearing just his ribbon bar BUT in the not great ones I have been able to turn up, he is always wearing the crown over Xs on his White Falcon-- which as Christophe points out was never the sanctioned device.

Just an anonymous eBay offering.... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

WOW!

Congratulations!! :jumping::cheers:

BTW, here's something I've seen sometime ago... yes the order is different, but still....

Hi all!

Yes i have seen a picture of him wearing this bar (5-place)...it is at the start of Formanns book on Political and Cival awards of TR....also on p.g. 39 of the same book there is a picture of him with the Spanish Foreign Minister....in this one he is wearing the Flower War medals on his bar, all in order, not back to front as on the spange posted by Claudio.

I also heard some time ago that his medal bar was in the same museum in USA as the 1939 Star of the Iron Cross.....the museums name has slipped my memory now...any truth to this? :ninja:

Best regards

Pierce

@ webr55 : the medal bar you are showing lies in my collection... I bought it from a US collector.

Apart from the fact that the Anschluss-Medaillen are missing, also the quality of construction of the bar looks a bit "simpler" than the one of Ribbentrop... very likely it was a Godet... as most VIP or Generals had their bars mounted by first class Orden & Ehrenzeichen vendors or juwellers.

Ciao,

Claudio

@ webr55 : the medal bar you are showing lies in my collection... I bought it from a US collector.

Apart from the fact that the Anschluss-Medaillen are missing, also the quality of construction of the bar looks a bit "simpler" than the one of Ribbentrop... very likely it was a Godet... as most VIP or Generals had their bars mounted by first class Orden & Ehrenzeichen vendors or juwellers.

Ciao,

Claudio

Ahhh Claudio, good to hear it's yours!

Well what I mean is just -- i would like to see a pic of Joachim wearing that ribbon (trop) bar. The combination alone is not THAT unusual...

Chris

Chris,

The combination is quite unusual if you consider that only about 1000 RK 2. Kl. mit X of the White Falcon Order have been awarded... plus the other two crosses... I don't think that there are many officers left with that combination... maybe a handful!

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

"The combination alone is not THAT unusual..."

Actually, it is.

At some point in the foreseeaable future, when the Hamburg and Oldenburg Rolls are done, we'll know... byut as a TRIO... nobody else.

from the medal bars and ribbon bars above, the hamburg cross and FA cross are in different places :shame: ....from looking at the pics of Ribbontrop in the book i have, the order was as follows:

FA Oldenburg Cross followed by Hamburg Hanseatic Cross. :cheers:

Edited by luftkreig

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...