News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello to all,

This is my first, but hopefully not last, medal bar for the New Year. I am very fortunate to be the new custodian of this medal bar, which belonged to Ministerialdirigent Heinrich Barelmann. He was LD7 Department Chief in the RLM. His administrative rank was equivalent to that of Luftwaffe Generalmajor. In World War One, he was in the Navy and involved in naval construction. His only decorations in World War One were the 1914 Iron Cross Second Class and the Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross Second Class, both decorations with combatant ribbons. (Thanks for confirming that for me, Rick!) He received his 4 and 12-Year Long Service Medals in 1936 and his 18-Year Long Service Cross in 1938. His only decorations in World War Two were the 1939 KVK2X (awarded in 1941) and the 1939 KVK1X (awarded in 1942). He retired in May of 1944, before things reallly turned to crap. :violent::unsure: Although it has no enameled Imperial Orders, I like it all the same. Hope you like it too.

Here is a link to a photo and some career information:

http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACH...N_HEINRICH.html

Best regards,

Tom

Edited by tyanacek

Guest Rick Research

I hope that someday you can rescue (ransom? :speechless1: ) his award documents too-- this is a "Boonzaier Case" where somebody who never heard guns fired got TWO count 'em TWO "combat" ribboned WW1 awards... and there's a Noncombatant Hindenburg Cross.

Great bar for a very odd military career. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Can't really "explain" it.

Could it really be as simple as clerical sloppiness and not some ordered, rational distinctions? :speechless1:

Hi Tom,

It looks like a Typical J. Reimann bar... Dark fabric on the back, very thick and solid needle system, padded ribbons on the front. Very nice... and if it comes also with a name, it's like having a cherry on a cake! ;)

Ciao,

Claudio