News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 years later...

Today I was in a local show and I have found new ribbon bars. Have a llok. The first one with Hohenzollern can't be ID (toomuch possibilities) but for the second one, if my memories is ok, it come from I.R. Nr. 102.

Regards

Christophe

• 3 years later...

To bring some life in this thread, i deceided to show this ribbon bar i own for years.

This is not a common combination and i still don't know what the last ribbon is. Maybe a wrong ribbon was ussed for another decoration.

Regards

Alex

Yes i have it. I came to the same result. The last two ribbons are later Attached with a piece of cardboard.

If the last ribbon should Be for the osm. War Medal it is the wrong One but makes sense.

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

According to O'Connor, Immelmann got his Anhalt Friedrich eight days before his death. It would have been a very short time for him to wear this bar.

Also, why is his Imtiaz medal not on the bar?

I just wonder if this bar was maybe made by an admirer.

(null)

Good point, but I remember seeing in the past a ribbon bar "belonged to" Immelmann and sold by Hermann Historica. I can't remember when and inwhich catalog it has been sold. The construction and the back seems to be good to my eyes but we need more close up.

Here is another small trapezoidal ribbon bar

Christophe

I don't think that Immelmann ever worn this medal bar in this combination but i don't have any doubts that it is a period bar.

Originally this bar was made for 7 ribbons not for 9 and later it was enlarged

You can see that all ribbons are sewn with the same wire except the last three.

My oppinion is, that on the place where now the ribbon for Anhalt Friedrich cross is, once the ribbon for the Hamburg HK was. When it was expanded (nor really proffesional) the ribbons were inverted.

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

WOW!

This is most spectacular!

In this letter, Immelmann thanks someone for an "Ordensschnalle" which that someone apparently made for him, but says he wanted only a "Feld-Ordensschnalle" (small ribbon bar).

(null)