News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rick,

About Flaccus and my bar... it could be that he didn't have the patience to fill out the application in order to request the Bulgarian WWI commemorative medal or just forgot about it... Strange that it didn't get the Bulgarian Military Merit order or perhaps he didn't wear it on purpose, because he wanted just to show his German decorations...

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

Or he got the pinback version of the Bulgarian Bravery Order-- which would have been appropriate for a St Henry action:

[attachmentid=18316]

As far as Baron Wangenheim-- I'd certainly slide the correct awards in loose under the ribbons. For all any of us know, these awards were pulled off by an "ebay sharpie" type the weekend before the bar last changed hands.

2 Things with Bob's clasp. The center looks nice, bright and original, as good fire-gilt should... but you're missing the rather obvious burnishing/wear to the highpoints of the frame. My experience has been with these that a faker isn't going to bother slapping on one....

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

No, I'm the GOOD Twin. :rolleyes:

That combination is unique. Glad YOU :jumping::jumping: got it, and thanks to the early warning that I got! :cheers:

Notice that on both, in addition to the same singular combination of awards, the Saxe-Ernestine device selected on both is also "with crown"-- another confirmation that these belonged to the same wearer, from his "fashion sense."

Somewhere out there is the BOTTOM row! So everybody keep a watch for it to turn up! :unsure:

Hi Rick (the good one :P),

Thanks to you. Actually I had it on my watch list, but you were so positive about the fact that it could be Flaccus' ribbon bar, since this is quite a unique combination (see that KVK without swords) that I couldn't resist. Thank you again; the ribbon bar looks even better "life"...

Ciao,

Claudio

• 7 months later...