News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It looks like it is... I really think that they did a great job on this award, although it's application seems to be limited to military deaths due to terrorism. I really like the look!

It looks like it is... I really think that they did a great job on this award, although it's application seems to be limited to military deaths due to terrorism. I really like the look!

Yes, looks really nice. Obviously based on the Canadian Memorial Cross as can be seen here:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/c...-eng.asp?ref=MC

Jean-Paul

Hopefully they take it one stage further and have something for all the guys that are being wounded!

I agree with that. Does the British Army still award wound stripes, at least?

Hopefully they take it one stage further and have something for all the guys that are being wounded!

Since they copied the Canadian Memorial Cross, they could also copy the Canadian Sacrifice Medal, which is still on hold due to an ongoing review of who should qualify for this new medal.

Here is the link:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/c...-eng.asp?ref=SM

Jean-Paul

Since they copied the Canadian Memorial Cross, they could also copy the Canadian Sacrifice Medal, which is still on hold due to an ongoing review of who should qualify for this new medal.

Here is the link:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/c...-eng.asp?ref=SM

Jean-Paul

Its a hot topic of debate, the awards that the Queen as okey for commonwealth troops, but not for her own (as it were)... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

It has just been announced that Her Majesty The Queen has authorised the wearing of the Elizabeth Cross in uniform. It may be pinned on the wearer's right side above the breast pocket.

(Source: October 2010 issue of Soldier magazine)

Edited by Megan

It has just been announced that Her Majesty The Queen has authorised the wearing of the Elizabeth Cross in uniform. It may be pinned on the wearer's right side above the breast pocket.

(Source: October 2010 issue of Soldier magazine)

so is it to be awarded for death?if so how is then is it to be worn???by next of kin?

The Elizabeth Cross is bestowed upon the next-of-kin of service personnel killed on active service. Unlike the various 'Memorial Crosses' bestowed by Canada, NZ, etc., it is not automatically given to the mother and/or wife of the individual killed, each service member can nominate which family members they wish. Hence a recipient may be themselves serving, and so have a uniform on which to pin the Elizabeth Cross.

• 13 years later...
    • 3 months later...