News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Military Valour & Order of the Red Combat Banner

Vatjan

Order of Military Valour

T1 Variation 1: Small star - 3 maker's marks on reverse - no serial number

T2 Variation 2: Large star - Mondvor Mint mark - serial numbered

Please note that the reverses in Dr B's book have been switched by accident A21.1R is actually A21.2R and visa versa

I can't recall where I found the pix, if somebody recognizes his pix and doesn't want them posted, please let me know I'll remove them

Jan

PIC: T1V1: Herfurth M5.1 Battushig A21.1

Edited by vatjan

• 1 year later...
    • 4 years later...
    • 7 years later...
    • 5 weeks later...

I regard it as genuine. There are several items of the same type in the collections of the military museum in the Mongolian Ministry of Defense. It is provided for replacement at the time of loss at the latter half of what is called type 2.

The order shown in post #7 is a fake.

Seemingly originating from Eastern Europe, these relatively well made pieces appeared fairly recently on the market together with a number of other rare awards (Sukhe, Red Banner for Military Valour, Civil/Industrial Valour). 

Edited by utopis

• 2 weeks later...

Another one just listed on EBay.... I have offered $8.00.... fingers crossed!!!

serial # is 291... some of  his other offerings are equally “rare”.

Edited by fjcp

• 2 weeks later...
    On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:11, Bob said:

Interesting to see that Battushig book which startes the mongolian collecting craziness is now offered for 250 usd on ebay

I saw that book on ebay too. It reminds me of good old days hunting Mongolian medals without knowing the background. Sometimes it is more exciting if there is mystery. 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:56, Lingqi said:

I saw that book on ebay too. It reminds me of good old days hunting Mongolian medals without knowing the background. Sometimes it is more exciting if there is mystery. 

When I first started collecting the biggest fun and stress was on ebay... so many of us probably bidding against each other to try to get that type which was missing in our collection. Later moved on to more interest in the research/background of the recipient. Also miss the daily checking on whether Nota Bene had updated his site (with his great prices and friendly service!). The number of items 'missing' in my collection is fairly limited and the odds of getting these openings filled are slim (and expensive). Same with my Albanian collection. So, less busy with collecting but still fun and occasionally something new does pop up!:)

• 5 months later...
    On 03/09/2019 at 00:32, fjcp said:

Soooo, did anybody here win the real one that just sold for $4850?  I topped out at an optimistic $4800.

looking at you Bob

jan

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention (and rarely on ebay nowadays). What was sold for 4850?

I am still recovering from the hero start a few months ago so pausing on new items. Well, OK, did get several Partisan star badges in the mail this weekend - I couldn't resist! :)