News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Medal Bar of 14

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

Very impressive WW1 bar! I bet that it weighs a couple of pounds! Can you imagine wearing that all day!

What is the price tag on the bar?

Had the "SOLD" sign already on it. I would imagine for something like this a $G or two I'm sure :unsure:

Guest Darrell

Go for it, Darrell! That bar could put you on the slippery slope for Romanian medal bars...! ;):D

Yeah .. just what I need. Out of the blue I bought a WW1 Greek victory medal today ... don't know WHAT caused that :speechless:

Would it be correct to say this group was to an army doctor who saw quite some service in his day ? I seem to recognize most of these awards but am still lacking a good reference work on the subject of Romanian pre-ww2 awards ... any suggestions as to what would come in handy in that respect (in English, French, German, ... but not in Romanian) ?

Would it be correct to say this group was to an army doctor who saw quite some service in his day ? I seem to recognize most of these awards but am still lacking a good reference work on the subject of Romanian pre-ww2 awards ... any suggestions as to what would come in handy in that respect (in English, French, German, ... but not in Romanian) ?

"An" army doctor - yes. "The" army doctor: lt. (rez) medic Mircea Bruteanu.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ead.php?t=82623

Edited by Dave Danner

Wow Dave... exact same bar as in that thread. The site I got the pictures from said it was SOLD. So I assume the guy on WAF is the new owner :cheers:

Hi Guys,

Actually.. 'no'..... I'm the one that traded it to Barry at e-Medals.. I need some Jap orders to complete a general's uniform display and this was one of the trade items.

I don't know where it 'lives' now.... but it was a very very nice bar.....

Cheers

Mark

Guest Darrell

Hi Guys,

Actually.. 'no'..... I'm the one that traded it to Barry at e-Medals.. I need some Jap orders to complete a general's uniform display and this was one of the trade items.

I don't know where it 'lives' now.... but it was a very very nice bar.....

Cheers

Mark

Hey Mark :cheers:

It's a great bar .... wonder who the owner is now? :unsure:

Hey Mark :cheers:

It's a great bar .... wonder who the owner is now? :unsure:

Not sure... but the way this stuff comes and goes... you will probably see it again... unless it goes into one of those 'black holes' that closet colletors have....

I loved the bar... but it just didn't fit into my collecting area... I had originally wanted it for a future 'one of these days when i can find one' Romainian generals uniform displays.... but once it was id'd... I knew it was not the right bar (I'm kinda 'anal' about details ).....

Cheers

Mark

• 10 months later...

"An" army doctor - yes. "The" army doctor: lt. (rez) medic Mircea Bruteanu.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ead.php?t=82623

There were actually three medical officers decorated with the Order of Michael the Brave in WWI: Lt. Romulus Popescu (1.10.1916), Slt. (rez) Mircea Bruteanu (11.11.1916) and Lt. (rez) Constantin Pop (7.6.1917).

• 1 month later...