News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I already posted this pic at the "Northern section", especially Finland.

But since there have been no replies till now...I think a better place to put this really nice medal bar for a closer discussion is this forum section.

I discovered this medal bar on a Finnish dealer side.

Best regards

Detlef

post-4367-035465000 1289404847_thumb.jpg

Yes Beamte, I agree...

I'd say..... First World War service in non-combatant role (from EK2 n-c and War Aid Cross), officer rank (from Red Eagle), doctor (Red Cross Medal), served in Finland in 1918 possibly alongside Swedish volunteers (Finnish and Swedish medals). Does that sound right?

Cheers

Chris

I am totally with your explanations...I never saw a Liberty Cross 2nd class civilian on an Imperial German medal bar...this is maybe unique.

The owner was a professor...could be in fact a medical one, not a "authorical" one.

Detlef

Well I saw the Finnish liberty cross 2nd class on various medal bars, but you are right; it's rare! If you browse this very forum you will see other examples (like the medal bar of Jantzen )... :whistle:

Maybe even more rare to find on German bars are beautiful Golden Swedish orders, because of a Neutral state like Sweden not allied to Germany.

Personally I was very disappointed not to have won this bar (see below) at an auction a couple of years ago...

Ciao,

Claudio

post-199-036018900 1289514783_thumb.jpg

Well I saw the Finnish liberty cross 2nd class on various medal bars, but you are right; it's rare! If you browse this very forum you will see other examples (like the medal bar of Jantzen )... :whistle:

Maybe even more rare to find on German bars are beautiful Golden Swedish orders, because of a Neutral state like Sweden not allied to Germany.

Personally I was very disappointed not to have won this bar (see below) at an auction a couple of years ago...

Ciao,

Claudio

Now that is something else!! :love::love: No wonder you were disappointed Claudio!

Detlef that medal bar is also spectacular and very uncommon with the non-com EK2. :beer:

Best wishes

Matt

Wow , Liberty Cross wo Swords 2class 1918 is not very common and given to a German could make it possible to Id :unsure:

I have most of the names for the 2nd Class 1918 but not all :banger:

But here is a couple of Germans who got it

Hans Ulrich von Kotze ( Military Attaché Finland)

Hans A A Goldbeck-Löwe ( Worked at German Embassy )

Christer

Hallo Heiko,

Ja, I do have the name...:speechless:

My third identified Liberty Cross 1918; but my first civilian :cheeky:

Would it be possible by having a name to reconstruct the person's cv?

Detlef

Sorry for the late answer but I have been ill for some days....

First...great bar !!! :love:

Claudio... of course you was dissapointed - it`s a Godet .... ;)

Detlef , did I understand right.... do you have a name for that bar ???

Heiko

Ciao,

Claudio

Amazing medal bar+ribbon bar group!!

i know how you feel..:banger: