News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Group with Order of Red Star for Vietnam

• Replies 102
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really something. I would love to find one such grouping, one day.

Well, it`s a right time to do this ;)

I think another slump in prices is pretty close ...

Did you research that last one?

Unfortunately no research was offered with this group.

• 2 weeks later...

These are very interesting Nick. thanks for posting them. I've been trying and trying the RS serial number range for quite some time but no hits on Vietnam. : (

I still think many awards from that time(inc. Paul's) are from there but still classified. Not all of these are long service which is the commonly used incorrect excuse for the awards of the period.

Well, it's a post-long service Red Star, possibly a WW2 catch-up award, or an award to a veteran of the October Revolution. Echoes of War has a few in this range that were awarded to generals and marshals for their birthdays. Red Stars in these last two categories often come back negative though.

These are very interesting Nick. thanks for posting them. I've been trying and trying the RS serial number range for quite some time but no hits on Vietnam. : (

Another serial number ;)

RS # 3 568 983 for Vietnam was issued to Butenko Nickolay Ivanovich (Указ ПВС СССР from December 30,1965).

Cheers,

Nick

Most likely for his activities connected with anti-aircraft defense :whistle:

Unfortunately I didn't see the citation for this one.

I'll post another documented red star for Vietnam in a couple of days ;)

Guest Rick Research

A SPECTACULAR documented group!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

I have been away so long I cannot remember how to post links, but search here "Vozhachenko" and another Vietnam group (also Afghanistan) wll turn up.

I'm not sure what the Vietnamese language document you have posted is for. For a Soviet/North Vietnamese FRiendship Medal pair from the same period, search "Kasperov."

I have been away so long I cannot remember how to post links, but search here "Vozhachenko" and another Vietnam group (also Afghanistan) wll turn up.

Very nice group Rick! :beer:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/1938-vozhachenko-group-part-3-north-vietnam/?hl=vozhachenko

Cheers,

Nick

P.S.

This oversized, awkwardly named Order for Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces of the USSR I'll just abbreviate as "OSH"

By the way, do you know the russian nickname for this order?

"Crab" ;)

Or, alternatively, "Sheriff star"

Edited by JapanX

Guest Rick Research

:cheeky: Too big... too heavy. :banger: All these screwbacks tear holes in clothing... neat little pins would have allowed for little German style badge loops. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

There were also piles--HEAPS, literally--of never-issued ones available in the U.S. back in the mid-1990s--being sold as such for the scrap value that all of these went for in those days. Foolishly, I neither bought a Known Unissued nor spent the time unscrewing random handfuls to note unissued ones' numbers.

Same thing for Orders for Service to the Homeland in the Armed Force Etc Etc. Not supposed to have been for combat, but such have appeared here for Afghanistan.

It all comes down to verified RESEARCH. :beer: