News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 122
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice arm shot, Hey Gordon would they sew on the Kuban Shield to a tropical coat? I have never seen a photo of one like it, so don't think so, BUT??

Don't worry I would never sew one on my coat even if they did, but would like to get one so I can set it next to my coat.

thanks greg

Edited by greg koepp

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Dear gentleman,

i found this photo of a u-boat engine crew.

The man in the middle wears a interesting Blouse

I think.

For me it looks like a Battle Dress(Denim) M40 ?!?!

(See the pockets)

I thought that only the M37 was worn(U30,U99).

What do you think about this blouse?

If you have similar photos, please post.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Dear gentleman,

i found this photo of a u-boat engine crew.

The man in the middle wears a interesting Blouse

I think.

For me it looks like a Battle Dress(Denim) M40 ?!?!

(See the pockets)

I thought that only the M37 was worn(U30,U99).

What do you think about this blouse?

If you have similar photos, please post.

Best regards

Hello!

I am not expert,but i think M40 was worn to.I allways heard that.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Fellas,

I just wanted to show off my latest Kriegsmarine acquisition... this is a named Korvettenkapitan's reefer jacket belonging to Knight's Cross winner Heynsen in Minesweepers / Anti-submarine Warfare. He was awarded the Knight's Cross on Hitler's last birthday, 20 April 1945. He bought this jacket in January 1945 and his Knight's Cross portrait photo is taken with him wearing this jacket. All I need now is a really nice KM officer's overseas cap.

Bob

This is my other Kriegsmarine uniform. It's the dress jacket with dark-blue vest. This is named to (then Kapitan zur See) Kurt von dem Borne. He retired sometime after July 1944 as Vizeadmiral. He was generally a Berlin bureaucrat that dealt with finance or something. He was awarded the German Cross in Silver on 31 July 1944. He lived in Berlin and was killed in early May 1945. In addition to the EK1 (1914), he was awarded the War Merit Cross with Swords First and Second Class. This tunic was his Captain's dress and therefore does not have loops for the DKiS or the WMC /swords 1st Class, but does have button for the 2nd Class. He also wears the cloth version of the Johanniterorden (Cross of Saint John).

Bob

Edited by Sprocket

This is my other Kriegsmarine uniform. It's the dress jacket with dark-blue vest. This is named to (then Kapitan zur See) Kurt von dem Borne. He retired sometime after July 1944 as Vizeadmiral. He was generally a Berlin bureaucrat that dealt with finance or something. He was awarded the German Cross in Silver on 31 July 1944. He lived in Berlin and was killed in early May 1945. In addition to the EK1 (1914), he was awarded the War Merit Cross with Swords First and Second Class. This tunic was his Captain's dress and therefore does not have loops for the DKiS or the WMC /swords 1st Class, but does have button for the 2nd Class. He also wears the cloth version of the Johanniterorden (Cross of Saint John).

Bob

Hello!

Stunning uniform,let us see the label.Post more KM. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

And the tailor/name label. I noticed that the sewing of the label is pretty poor, but I just checked out the jacket again. Notice that the name and information is typed, therefore the label was put in afterwards and it is sewn into an interior pocket, so you're not going to get a sewing machine in there. There is another tailor's label in the jacket from the same tailor.

Bob

Edited by Sprocket

I noticed that the sewing of the label is pretty poor, but I just checked out the jacket again.

Bob

That type of stitching is what we refer to in the Navy as 'homeward-bounders', probably had his steward (valet) sew it in for him.

Regards,

Johnsy

Uniform of Konteradmiral Ernst Kratzenberg. I have 3 pieces: reefer jacket, trousers, and Erel cap. Admiral Kratzenberg won the DKiS in the last days of the War. He commanded the Kreuzer K?ln during Narvik (Operation Weser?bung), was the chief of the U-Boat building program, and Chief-of-Staff of the commanding Admiral U-Boats. Kratzenberg undertook U-Boat training in 1918 and was watchofficer on U-60 in 1919.

The uniform is made from the finest quality thick officer-grade wool. The decorations did not belong to Admiral Kratzenberg. I tried to add decorations he would have received to the existing medal loops. Aside from the DKiS, I cannot find s definitive list of his medals.

Here are the tunic and cap.