In complement to the Gordon's topic on the U-Boot headgears, a new one on the U-Boot uniforms.

Bordjacke.

Edited by Michel

Superb Michel. I love the Bordjacke. Last time I was over at the U-Bootarchiv they had several sitting piled up in a corner. They had been recently donated by former U-Boot crewmen !

Some very interesting uniforms. Thanks very much for the excellent posts ! Oustanding.

Outstanding pics. Great tunics. Why did I get rid of my Kaleu? To buy more Heer stuff? Too many things, not enough money.

byf

Michel , a very nice collection of unifroms - I would be delighted to own any of them :beer:

I would be delighted if you could give some close ups of the shoes worn by the "tropical officer".

Thank you for the chance to see your outstanding collection , first class.

Thank you for posting your awesome collection. If I were to name a favorite KM tunic, I would have to name the Bordjacke as well. If they could only talk...

Paul

Chris,

Beautiful jacket! Being a collector of medical tunics, I do love what I see!!!

Do you know anything about this jacket's history? :o

Chris,

Beautiful jacket! Being a collector of medical tunics, I do love what I see!!!

Do you know anything about this jacket's history? :o

Yup, my wifes Grandmother did not want the smelly thing around so she gave it to the local veterans association, which P'd her grandfather off. The old guy was happy when I went there to fetch it back and its been in my collecting room ever since.

Has he told you any stories? I bet he must have some great ones. I would love to hear some!

Has he told you any stories? I bet he must have some great ones. I would love to hear some!

Military or Medical ?... he spoke a bit much in his dotage... a number of dashing U-Boot aces who shhepishly had to come to get themselves (and on occasion angry wife) cured of a packet.

Anyway, those are not to be retold. At some stage I will show all his stuff.

bvest

Chris

Military or Medical ?... he spoke a bit much in his dotage... a number of dashing U-Boot aces who shhepishly had to come to get themselves (and on occasion angry wife) cured of a packet.

Anyway, those are not to be retold. At some stage I will show all his stuff.

bvest

Chris

:lol: It is nice to know that sailors are pretty much the same world wide. Since being a medic, I have treated many cases of "unmentionable disorders" ... I can understand! Well, I would be interested in ANY stories that you can post... Military or medical.

Paul

Another U-Bordjacke.

Where do you find these!!?? Does this one belong to Herbert K?hn as well?

Michel

Stunning Bordjacke!! There was a recent discovery of 2 leather rain deck jackets and a U-bord jacket similar to the one just above. They sold at a country auction near me (Amish country PA, USA) for only 300 USD each. I was the second bidder :angry: and lost out!! I nearly cried....

Cheers,

Steve

Another U-Boot Bordjacke more easy to find. British pattern 37 battle dress reconditioned by the Kriegsmarine. Sadly, often it is impossible to say if it is a wartime made or after.

These can be dangerous for sure. I saw one which had German size marking etc stamped inside but was a pattern not used until after the fall of France so could not be one of the captured stock. Price of course was much more than a regular British battledress blouse.

Korvettenkapit?n

bonjour michel

i have in my collectio a rare jacket kapit?nleutnand with the name and ranglabel incite the pocket

normaly this reeferjacket close on 4 butons

but mine close on 5 butons

you see this alraedy

greetz

gunther

Very nice Gunther. Who's name is inside?

hello

the name i cant not reed

later i thake pics

the numberi ohn te label is 5520 and date 1937

greetz

Second

Wilhelm Funke, later U-255 LI.

Interesting to note that the ribbon are not attached at the same buttons.

hello

my ribbon is original on the 4 buton

greetz

g