News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar 9 place with life saving medal

Here are scans of a ribbon bar I have had for a while now. Comprised of German, Austrian, Turkish and possibly Italian or Hungarian awards.

The bearer was a holder of the Iron Cross 2nd Class 1939. But there are no indications of KVK X, or Russian Front ribbons, which, could have been awarded and displayed through tunic button holes.

This ribbon bar was possibly made around 1934. The wiederholungsspange could have been added post 1939, as there are no 1938 commemorative ribbons present, which indicate to me that this guy didn't see the need for additional honours.

This I think is an officers ribbon bar, but does not have the usual wreath device on the Austrian bravery medal.

There is no reliability clasp on the Brunswick medal, which could have meant he didn't have a very active front line service in WWI, yet was awarded the Prussian life saving medal.

Award for the Eiserner Halbmund 2nd from the end. And what I think could be a Hungarian award on the end?

Any comments on this one would be appreciated.

I don't think that the last ribbon is a life saving ribbon, if it was a German award, surely it would have come before the Turkish order ;)

Christer could possibly onto the right track with the Swedish Vasa order. None of the ribbons are "blinged" up to tell us more... :( No crowns or wreaths... good one to decipher though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Great ribbon bar! The last ribbon could be a few things. A shame there is no device on there to give a little clue.

It could be the Italian Order of SS Maurice & Lazarus, or the Swedish Order of Vasa, or the Hungarian Order of Merit...to name a few!

Kind regards

Pierce

Hello,

might it possible, that the yellow/white ribbon shows the Westwallmedaillie?

It could be possible that the owner was first member of the RAD and became later a soldier.

Hi Spolei

The West Wall Medal would/should be after the Long Service Decoration.

This ribbon is perfectly positioned to be the Life Saving Medal. ;)

Kind regards

Pierce