News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

a very delicate 1914 ek1

here's one that i have yet to identify...at first i thought it was a klein & quenzer (based on the hinge/pin assembly), but the core is all wrong-- however, the crown is quite distinctive in an ugly sort of way--almost deformed, but it's merely the angle of the foto.

the frames are definitely silver, although unmarked for content. cross weighs 12.4 grams and measures 42.5 mm

this particular combination of hinge/pin system is seldom encountered on '14 ek1s, and is very finely affixed to the frame

i really can't see this type of cross being worn on a daily basis without being torn from a tunic. sometimes collectors refer to these lightweight examples as "parade crosses".

also, the catch is affixed to the frame with a minute amount of solder as well. all in all, quite the delicate cross!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 9 years later...
    On 22/10/2013 at 16:38, Streptile said:

The core is the typical KMST type. I wonder if that could be a clue?

So do I... because I have a surprisingly similar cross! Any new knowledge or ideas, within the past almost ten(!) years, maybe? It's an unusual cross, that's for sure!

180330_08.jpg

180330_09.jpg

On 15/02/2023 at 06:35, saschaw said:

So do I... because I have a surprisingly similar cross! Any new knowledge or ideas, within the past almost ten(!) years, maybe? It's an unusual cross, that's for sure!

180330_08.jpg

180330_09.jpg

I agree Typical KMST

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...