Hi all , 

Just when I thought I didn´t going to buy anthing more for a while .....

If I´m right this is something more or less between WW1 and Third Reich ?

Sachsen Coburg und Gotha Goldene Verdienstmedaliie 1933-35 , bur with the bar from a 1914/18 medal so maybe it fits here amongst Imperial ;)

Does anyone know how many of these the "brown" Duke awarded ?

What I can see the 1914/18 bar looks genuine , so maybe he had a WW1 medal and replaced it with this in 1933 ?   

Christer

P1030166.jpg

P1030167.jpg

P1030165.jpg

Nice medal indeed!  OEK 2543 / H&S 1778a

I like the clasp, issued from the Herzog Carl Eduard medal (H&S 1776).

Sorry H&S doesn't mention the number of recipients.  Only that the medal was issued from 1919 to November 14, 1935 and after October 16, 1935 it was awarded with swords-on-the-ring.

• 4 years later...

I'm sorry I have to say so, Christer, but the thread title was - unintendedly - very well worded:

This is a made up set, all of it is fake: the medal, the swords on ring, the sword clasp and the ribbon.

I have seen some exact same ones pop up on ebay the last few years, always from the same shady sellers.

:mad:

Edited by saschaw

Here's the next one, now without the additional clasp, offered among countless other shady looking pieces by seller ichverkaufealles12345. This seller, together with aubanan12, benkosi, bogdangapol, cairde32, egon4791, furchtlosundtreu14, galec-galec, inge7591ch, kasperle369, koelnerdomplatz09, kokor00, lillyfee-1995, mansamusa, orehilas321, pueppchenundtuch, salihero, sanktvith2011, slimcase1958, sterog62, trumeko, trumeko28 and wilro11 seems to be part of a "network" for not so nice pieces...

:shame:

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, laurentius said:

Shame, Sascha posted it 52 minutes ago and it's already gone. Makes you wonder about the presence of these fakers on our forums.....

Possibly a misunderstanding?That's a some weeks old auction, but I didn't come to post it until now. Sorry for the confusion! However, the GMIC is completely public, so everybody on the Internet can read what we're discussing, indeed - even without a registration.