News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Chris

What do you mean? What is done? Is there a problem with your collection? a forum on german imperial awards is no place for LOTR, no matter how good the movies were.

Kind regards Laurentius

2 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear Chris

What do you mean? What is done? Is there a problem with your collection? a forum on german imperial awards is no place for LOTR, no matter how good the movies were.

Kind regards Laurentius

What has been done!!?!?!

The three rings have been united..... I am now ruler of my universe! The Gollom of Leiberrings!

(And yes, it has to do with militaria! :-)

.... and I did not have to kill anyone!

Congratulations Chris!

I always like the way you give a hint of what you've added to your collection. I guess you´re now the dark lord Sauron who's now united with his rings of power.

That particular scene could be named "Fishing trip gone terribly wrong" :) 

1 minute ago, Dansson said:

Congratulations Chris!

I always like the way you give a hint of what you've added to your collection. I guess you´re now the dark lord Sauron who's now united with his rings of power.

That particular scene could be named "Fishing trip gone terribly wrong" :) 

Hi, yes indeed... call me "lord of the Rings" ;-)

The Officers one (Lion Head) belonged to Ferdinand Schörner, WW1 PLM winner and WW2 knights cross, Oakleaves, swords and diamonds.

6.thumb.jpg.bd08e33b030e1222dd13f52f749112f0.jpg

Ferdinand Schörner? No way!

That's amazing!

Schörner got his PlM in the same operation in Italy 1917 as Rommel did and both served in the Alpenkorps, both happen to be the only two Brilliantenträger who had the PlM as well. Amazing! Very famous owner of that ring. Congratulations once more!

Take good care of the ring, we don't want to hear a story of a Bilbo Baggins getting his hands on it :D

Edited by Dansson

You wouldn't happen to live in Bavaria Chris?

The map of Middle earth reminds a lot of the German held territory of the western front. According to the map, Bavaria is located about right there where Mordor is... :lol:

Lord-Of-The-Rings-Map-Of-Middle-Earthnbspfond-ecran-hd1.jpg

german held territory.gif

Congratz on that stunning piece Chris. I followed that ring too at auction yesterday but totally out of curiosity, and its a true gem. Great catch.

4 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

now THAT is a coincidence!!!! ;-)

Not quite. You know JRR Tolkien was a british vet who fought trench warfare at the Somme and his literature was deeply influenced by this bloody battle

3 hours ago, OTTER76 said:

Not quite. You know JRR Tolkien was a british vet who fought trench warfare at the Somme and his literature was deeply influenced by this bloody battle

I know Tolkien was a World War 1 combat veteran. We find it a coincidene that the "Lord of the Rings" lives in Mordor :P

That's the reason I finally didn't want to win that auction... ;) the medals on the bar were about 1500 euro worth... and no picture of the very same bar being worn... 

Edited by Claudio

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Personenregister/S/SchoernerF-R.htm

this is one which he's wearing is not exactly the same (look at the order of the medals)

@ Chris: I noticed that... But it didn't show it as well as the back of the bar. For that price I would have put more pictures in the catalogue...

Edited by Claudio

I had been in contact with the seller before he delivered the items into the auktion,  was going to buy the ring directly from him but unfortunately when he sent me the email confirming I could buy it it landed in my Spam folder.

When I contacted him 6 weeks later they had already been delivered into the auction.

From what I understand all the items were the items that had not been "souveniered" when he was captured.

I suppose it is possible that he had a bar mounted after he was released from captivity, but I think we will never know.

Interesting... if you could find a deal to buy stuff from him directly you would have spent much less money... and he could probably got more out of it! 

Btw on the catalogue it was mentioned that this stuff came directly from the family (Familienbesitz)... so that was not entirely true... or was it???

Edited by Claudio