News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

9 place ww1/ww2 LW ribbonbar with Prussian Gold MVK

Dear all,

Hereby the last of the ribbon bars from the Zeige lot I would like to show.

A Luftwaffe ribbon bar with Prussian gold military merit cross.

Any thoughts? Could this one be one of those 69 or 70 airforce personnel who received this during ww1?

Thanks. Peter

G.thumb.jpg.5dd884cfe448df8a593e562bd18e1033.jpg

H.thumb.jpg.8048b59ff01aa7c9ebe26580ee0557c1.jpg

IMG_4937.thumb.JPG.37b8bf1c5a3596c6028370112b17d39e.JPG

A very interesting bar. Are those two silver eagles?

Here's a close up of the eagles. Although the silver wash is already partially gone, it is still visible on both.

J.jpg.3067aa606b6139ef2f8793336625ac40.jpg

Edited by drspeck

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing this one.  If it couldn’t be in my collection, I’m glad it is in yours!  Another great bar in a great overall lot.  Usually we have to buy a lot of hum-drum bars for the one or two we actually want.  But most of the bars included in this lot were very good.

As I had shared, I don’t think that this bar can be identified; too bad there aren’t any other equally unusual decorations over and above the one to cross reference.  Perhaps there’s something I’m missing and you’ll have better fortunes, though.  There are some amazing researchers on this forum.

Regardless, a very nice bar and unusual for what it is.  Congrats again for picking up some very nice bars for your collection!

=)

J-

A very interesting bar. Are those two silver eagles?

A very interesting ribbon bar. Congratulations.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing this one.  If it couldn’t be in my collection, I’m glad it is in yours!  Another great bar in a great overall lot.  Usually we have to buy a lot of hum-drum bars for the one or two we actually want.  But most of the bars included in this lot were very good.

As I had shared, I don’t think that this bar can be identified; too bad there aren’t any other equally unusual decorations over and above the one to cross reference.  Perhaps there’s something I’m missing and you’ll have better fortunes, though.  There are some amazing researchers on this forum.

Regardless, a very nice bar and unusual for what it is.  Congrats again for picking up some very nice bars for your collection!

=)

J-

Guys, thanks for your kind words, much appreciated :cheers:

@Jason, my friend,

As allways, you are too kind :beer: And I agree. This lot is quite exceptional in that it’s overall quality of the bars is high. The previous owner certainly knew what he/she was doing. For this bar, my best bet would be to eliminate as much names as possible, preferably from the group of 69 airforce personnel, or otherwise from the large group of 1760. This could take a while though...

Best regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...