News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, I'd like to show a few pick-ups, nothing spectacular, but nice and simple (To me)

Kaiser I Centenary medal, full size, difficult to show but heavily gilt, a Prinzen, a miniature and what I assume to be a ribbon device

secondly

Shaumburg-lippe military service cross

and a Friedlander EKII

regards

Alex K

1000 combined2.JPG

Friedlander1000.JPG

5 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

I'm confused, isn't the usual reduction of the Centenary 30 mm?

Don't know to be fair, perhaps others may know, it certainly looks the part and was advertised as a Prinzen, maybe they came in a "Reduced size":(

regards

CSC_0552 copy.JPG

Edited by Alex K

Apparently (From another forum) they were used primarily on medal bars as the reduced size fitted in with the size of other medals better, they were private purchase items

regards

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update about recent additions, my mistaken belief that I'd bought a "Prinzen" version, when in fact it was a reduced size for medal bar wear, finally got myself a true "Prinzen" so I think I've got all known sizes (I hope) measure 29.5mm

attached

regards

IMG_20190828_131125.jpg

IMG_20190828_130940.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    On 28/08/2019 at 14:38, Alex K said:

Just a quick update about recent additions, my mistaken belief that I'd bought a "Prinzen" version, when in fact it was a reduced size for medal bar wear

As neither "Prinzengröße" nor "Reduktion" are official terms, there are no actual rules about their sizes. I consider every centenary medal that is significant smaller than the award type a "Reduktion", avoiding the confusing term "Prinzengröße". Please keep in mind those were available for buy to everyone who felt the medal was too big for his medal bar... I think by now, I had at least two of that less usual "medium size".

27 minutes ago, saschaw said:

As neither "Prinzengröße" nor "Reduktion" are official terms, there are no actual rules about their sizes. I consider every centenary medal that is significant smaller than the award type a "Reduktion", avoiding the confusing term "Prinzengröße". Please keep in mind those were available for buy to everyone who felt the medal was too big for his medal bar... I think by now, I had at least two of that less usual "medium size".

Yes I fully accept that they were in not official and were available for those who felt the 40mm version was the "official" size, and being too large, that being so, the smaller versions were available at the time so are in my opinion a valid addition to the collector, regards