News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Victory

I understand that 1 of the Order of Victory eventually found its way into private hands. Is it known which one this is (ie presumably not one awarded to Zhukov for instance) and where it's gone to?

I understand that 1 of the Order of Victory eventually found its way into private hands. Is it known which one this is (ie presumably not one awarded to Zhukov for instance) and where it's gone to?

I heard some prince in Europe has it.

Bearers Order of Victory

ZHUKOV, Georgi Konstantinovich Marshal of the Soviet Union.. Awarded twice, 10 April 1944 and 30 March 1945.

VASILEVSKY, Alexsander Michailovish Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded twice, 10 April 1944 and 19 April 1945.

STALIN, Joseph Vissarionovich Awarded Twice, 29 July 1944 and 26 June 1945.

ROKOSSOVSKY, Konstantin Konstantinovich Marshal of the Soviet Union. 30 March 1945.

KONEV, Ivan Stepanovich Commander of Troops, 1st Ukrainian Front, Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 30 March1945.

TOLBUKHIN, Fedor Ivanovich Commander of Troops, 3rd Ukrainian Front, Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 26 April 1945.

MALINOVSKY, Rodion Yakovlevich Commander of Troops, 2nd Ukrainian Front, Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 26 April 1945.

GOVOROV, Leonid Aleksandrovich Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 31 May 1945.

TIMOSHENKO, Semyen Konstantinovich Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 4 June 1945.

ANTONOV, Aleksey Innokentevich Commander of General Staff of the Red Army, General of Army. Awarded 4 June 1945.

MERETSKOV, Kirill Afanasevich Commander of 1st Far Eastern Front, Marshal of the Soviet Union. Awarded 8 September 1945.

BREZHNEV, Leonid Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet and General Secretary of the Communist Party. Awarded 20 February 1978. denied after his dead

EISENHOWER, Dwight D General of the U.S. Army. Awarded 5 June 1945.

MONTGOMERY, Bernard Law Field Marshal. Awarded 5 June 1945.

MICHAEL I, King of Romania. Awarded 6 July 1945.

ROLA-ZYMIERSKI, Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Army, General. Awarded 9 August 1945.

TITO, Marshal Josip Broz Commander of the Yugoslav People's Liberation Army,. Awarded 9 September 1945.

By the way in 1945 it had an estimated value of ?3,750.

The Order of MICHAEL I, King of Romania is the only one in private hands.

Bearers Order of Victory (...) By the way in 1945 it had an estimated value of ?3,750. (...)

Andreas,

Thanks for putting here the list. You know my interest for this order... For my information, could you tell me what is the source of this estimated value ?

Many thanks.

Ch.

Andreas,

Thanks for the list. I've saved it in my referrence archives. The Order of Victory is definately beautiful. One could only dream of seeing one in person.

Doc

Doc you are closer to one than you think. All you have to do to see one is to head north for a bit till you get to Abilene, Kansas to the Eisenhower Library that is where his Order of Victory is and his other Orders and Decorations.

Edited by coastie

Doc you are closer to one than you think. All you have to do to see one is to head north for a bit till you get to Abilene, Kansas to the Eisenhower Library that is where his Order of Victory is and his other Orders and Decorations.

And if you ask nicely, they may let you fondle it. I had that orgasmic opportunity once, though being on the history faculty at Kansas State University (with offices in Eisenhower Hall) probably helped. :P

And if you ask nicely, they may let you fondle it. I had that orgasmic opportunity once, though being on the history faculty at Kansas State University (with offices in Eisenhower Hall) probably helped. :P

I had the look at one in the armory at the Kremlin, they sure are something to see in real life :love:

Andreas,

Thanks for putting here the list. You know my interest for this order... For my information, could you tell me what is the source of this estimated value ?

Many thanks.

Ch.

Christophe,

I think the estimated value 1945 is the value of the material / producing costs.

regards

Andreas

Guest Darrell

How heavy are these things Ed?

How heavy are these things Ed?

As I recall -- and you must remember it was an emotional moment! -- not much more than Marshall's Suvorov (which I have also had the chance to "feel-up"). While I can't use the word "disappointed" regarding a Victory, . . . .

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Here's a pic of Ike's Victory. Forgive my name on the photo, but I had to pay for this photo from the Eisenhower Library for the article I'm writing on Soviet awards to Americans, and would prefer that it not be "stolen". Image courtesy of the Eisenhower Library...

Dave

• 8 months later...
    • 9 months later...

Heres a pic of Nice replica Order of Victory I picked up on ebay.....

Though not as nice as the real thing.........

Hi Vic,

As you know I've joined the club:

Case was originally a jewelers ring case which I reworked. Can easily be put back the way it was or bases switched out for display of other Orders, etc.

Dan :cheers:

Dear Dan,

impressive case for a nice replica of the most important communist order :cheers: .

Where - and for what price - did you obtain your "Victory" :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi Vic,

As you know I've joined the club:

Case was originally a jewelers ring case which I reworked. Can easily be put back the way it was or bases switched out for display of other Orders, etc.

Dear Dan,

impressive case for a nice replica of the most important communist order :cheers: .

Where - and for what price - did you obtain your "Victory" :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi Christian,

Many thanks my friend! :cheers: PM sent. :ninja:

I also forgot to mention... I do have a ribbon bar coming for it from Canada which will be placed in position with the Order in the case... I'll do new pics when it arrives. :beer:

Glad to see it on the forum and wellcome to the club :cheers:

Order of Victory

Dear Vic,

Many thanks my friend! :cheers: I've wanted one for soooooo long and I simply could not pass this one up. A friend of ours used to be in the jewelry business and has some stuff left including some loose stones. They think they may have a ruby which will work placed in the star at the top of the Spasky Tower... and perhaps even some small CZ's which would work on the wreath... which would make it look that much more authentic I think. But have to wait till I'm back with the car to go over and find out.

Will let ya'll know how it goes.

Gotta run for now. Everyone have a great weekend! :beer:

• 4 weeks later...