News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Guards LTC and a polish Master Corporal

SovPha

My 1st post in this new section?. Got this interesting photograph with a Soviet Guards Lieutenant Colonel and a polish Master Corporal. The Soviet officer has a Guards Badge, Order of the Great Patriotic War (probably 1st class), Victory Over Germany medal, and several polish awards. Reverse is empty. 

img?static=%7Bstatic%7D

Hi, A....

This is how the post looks......

1111.JPG.ae19f6c0553394323da13f06652c7b0e.JPG

having looked at the server code for this image, it may be that there is a link to a social media site called mewe.com which is not recognized by our server, or the name of the image has characters which cause problems.

to cut out any future problems, images should be uploaded directly from your computer via "choose files" and the names given to any image should be letters or numbers.  If you have any further problems...let me know.

and don'y worry, my friend.....there are always teething problems with a new venture...

Hello!
    I think the Soviet lieutenant colonel has the 3rd grade Polish Cross of the Grunwald and the Medal of Merit in the Field of Honor, probably silver, the Polish senior corporal has the Cross of Valor, and two medals of Merit in the Field of Honor, silver and bronze, and also Soviet decorations.

3 hours ago, PREM said:

Hello!
    I think the Soviet lieutenant colonel has the 3rd grade Polish Cross of the Grunwald and the Medal of Merit in the Field of Honor, probably silver, the Polish senior corporal has the Cross of Valor, and two medals of Merit in the Field of Honor, silver and bronze, and also Soviet decorations.

Awesome. Thank you very much.

I have roughly over 15000 original photographs. I will post them step by step))). My wife purchased for me a large collection of HSU owners from the 2nd WW till the late 1960s. I am glad that I am with this forum. 

1 hour ago, TacHel said:

Great shot!  Looking forward to further posts! 

Cheers. I just ordered a scanner and will start to post the photographs once I have taken care of couple of other things. 

• 1 year later...

The corporal's penultimate medal is "Oder-Neisse-Baltika", the last Soviet medal "For the victory over Germany". The cross of the Brave is seen as a Soviet-made cross, a Scherbinka, a mechanical stamping plant.