News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Weimar republic items

I have a few items from the Weimar Republic I thought I might share, I hope you enjoy them:

Starting with the Eastern Front Cross:

ww0.thumb.jpg.c8a0a5f2124ed68c067e1e6e3ccbf2b0.jpg

ww1.thumb.jpg.0c14f03cffe3b2e4b632f0ed72ffb8b5.jpg

Next is the Prussian war memorial cross 1914-18 for fighters:

ww2.thumb.jpg.dfb07fc8c0f5a6d927aebf9eb95a41f1.jpg

ww2a.thumb.jpg.0c5901047335f2d82f20bd6bec5eb8ee.jpg

Hey Graham,

great stuff but some people may not know, that these items are no official stuff from any government of the Weimarer Republic or any of the federals german state. But still they are nice pieces and each tells a story of its own. 

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

BlackcowboyBS, thanks for the feedback. Yes most are from veterans associations during the days of the republic.

My next installment, the Commemorative Medal of the German Legion of Honour:

ww5.thumb.jpg.163e99c3cdab0af46e5ecbe9369a8f88.jpg

ww5a.thumb.jpg.2534ea9dd934a263ac9347b07609ce09.jpg

Yes modern history researchers are asking the question, if the prohibition of orders and medals in § 109 of the constitution of Weimar was one of many reasons why people aren't loyal to the modern state and were willingly following the pied piper from the right.

So many veteran associations jumped in and brought out their own medals. But as said very intersting part of German history. I am looking forward to see more of it. 

44 minutes ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

Yes modern history researchers are asking the question, if the prohibition of orders and medals in § 109 of the constitution of Weimar was one of many reasons why people aren't loyal to the modern state and were willingly following the pied piper from the right.

So many veteran associations jumped in and brought out their own medals. But as said very interesting part of German history. I am looking forward to see more of it. 

Thanks again BlackcowboyBS for your comments.

The Champagne Cross:

ww7.thumb.jpg.b0ea96b785595bf6f75d4f6c931ab23d.jpg

ww7a.thumb.jpg.c6214b0e46e0c54123e7cb1b36165ffc.jpg

Thanks Bayern. My collection is a very small sample, there were many veterans associations that sprang up across the republic after WW1 with a variety of badges and medals, some with multiple clasps, just the Kyffhauser 1914-1918 War Veterans Commemorative Medal alone has about 76 official clasps.

10 hours ago, speedytop said:

Yes, there are so many clasps.

Uwe

Gefechtsspangen 01 F.jpg

Wow, Uwe, very nice example of Heinrich Timm made clasps! These are not so often met comparing to others, especially in such a configuration and quantities. Thanx for showing.