News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of the Red Banner

Ron, could you post the reverses of yours as well? I allways like to see the mint-mark and the serialnumber, if possible. That would be great.

Here it is, best I got at the moment, just got in the door from a little holiday.

• Replies 185
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alanirvine

Another group. This one probably should be researched.

IMO. These guys were the heros.

Alan

[attachmentid=40467]

Guest Alanirvine

I enjoy the mirror backs too. They seem to be of another era in the history of the Red Banner.

Alan

Edited by Alanirvine

Guest Alanirvine

Soviet,

I purchased most of what I have about three years ago. Just got cought up with the "bug" so to speak.

I my wife is Ukrainian, so I managed to find a shop in Nikolaev that has many Soviet and German medals.

I purchased a number of them at the time, but later some through ebay when it wasn't such a problem and most through dealers.

:)

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing with us. Could you show the second page of Toporkov's orderbook? And if possible, please, tell us what it says on the seal that applied to the picture of recipient.

I've got one or two of these that might be worth sharing as being a little bit out of the ordinary.

Here's one. It has some missing enamel on the left side of the flag and a couple of chips on the banner. It doesn't come with an order book, either, but the document it does come with is kind of interesting.

This is the same NKVD general whose five documents I shared previously and offered up on The Bay. Quite unexpectedly, the family came up with this order and document after thinking that they had already sold every other item related to his career. Not only this ORB, but I also bought his very nicely engraved, with a fine Red Star, port-cigar inscribed "Tov. K. P. Vziava from ChK SSRG 1923 g". I sold the documents not that long ago. I 'd like to re-unite this group and I have written to the buyer but he has yet to respond. We never expected to hear from this family again, but no. Sigh.

Enjoy.

Chuck

The seal over the photo.

Alan

[attachmentid=40532]

Thanks a lot Alan! As I suspected - orderbook is a fake. It is so-called "washed" book. Original entries were removed and substituted for fake ones. I can show many ot those books, but I don't think it is very interesting.

Foto is fake as well. If you carefully look at the seal, you will see that there is a tiny snowflake between the words. Only late seals from 60-80th had that type of symbol. War time seals and early post-war seals all had five-rayed star, not a snowflake. The size of the letters was bigger. I suspect that this particular document was made in Germany, I've seen many of them coming from that country.

Guest Alanirvine

Andrew,

Ouch!

I'll have to see where I purchased the "group". It was definately in the US but it has been at least three years.

Alan

Andrew,

Ouch!

I'll have to see where I purchased the "group". It was definately in the US but it has been at least three years.

Alan

Alan,

That's one of the reasons why keeping a record of every single piece we buy is very useful on this hobby!

Dolf

Most of those "washed" documents appeared more than 5 years ago. This is an "old school technology", so it is no longer used by "black dealers". More recent tactics is to remove the old ink from the paper with a help of a sunlight. The document exposed to direct sun rays for couple of weeks sometimes looks blank. I've seen a Russian dealer who kept several unfolded orderbooks behind his car's windshield. So be aware...