News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On 08/11/2021 at 19:39, BlackcowboyBS said:

In a discussion with other collectors, this name appeared: Karl Andreas Ernst  Becker, Oberregierungsrat in Dresden! 

Well he got the officers cross of Brunswick, so it might be a good fit. 

Ah! Good candidate! According to the DOA1908, he held an RAO4, Saxon LD2 and the Austrian Franz Joseph. He was head of the Kriminalpolizei Dresden at the time. So if you can confirm the Brunswick order, this should be him. 

40B88FE8-151B-403A-9FA0-F0D65EBD1AA2.jpeg

2 hours ago, webr55 said:

Ah! Good candidate! According to the DOA1908, he held an RAO4, Saxon LD2 and the Austrian Franz Joseph. He was head of the Kriminalpolizei Dresden at the time. So if you can confirm the Brunswick order, this should be him. 

40B88FE8-151B-403A-9FA0-F0D65EBD1AA2.jpeg

Hello @webr55 as said before, he got the officers cross of Brunswick on 8th December 1912, see the original list from the archive of Brunswick.

becker Offzkreuz.png

Motivated by the new knowledge. I found the following awards for Becker. Saxon C. Merit 1st class, Saxon Albrecht Order 1st class with crown, Austria Knight of the Iron Crown

Ah, Komtur was early....

Image 21.png

Becker11.png

Image 71.png

Hello dear gentlemen,

So it seems to be Oberregierungsrat Karl Andreas Ernst Becker. I searched him on the internet since Monday but I couldn’t find anything about him.

I would like to thank to Mr. Stephan (BlackcowboyBS), honestly, I couldn’t ever have found him, I can’t even find informations about him.

Best regards, 

Iulian.

• 2 weeks later...
    17 hours ago, CRBeery said:

Why spend time researching a piece that is for sale on eBay? 

Hello, 

When I started the research about the piece, it was not listed for sale, but in the meantime something else appeared for sale that is in my main interest and I’ve thought to sell it because I need the money to buy that item.

The second reason is because I love history very much and for me, the research it’s like a treasure hunt, where I acquire important informations about how to find and how to recognise the recipients of the Medals and Orders that belonged to Germany. 

Best regards, 

Iulian.