News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals for Distinguished Military Service

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Nice! Thanks. I'll post my non-nut solder screwpost bases at SMAP or WAP since I don't know how to do it here yet.

:Cat-Scratch:

Here's Erics pics:

I have a got a nutless 1st Class and Nuted Second class, I have also noticed that on the Nutless version was minted in Leningrad and Nuted version in Moscow. And theres more the the screw plates are different betwen veriations, nuted version is more dished than the nut less variation.

Can you guys please enlight me about the difference(s) between these Medals posted above?

The only difference I see between those posted by Paul and Darrell, and the ones from Eric is that little "thing" (screw-nut?) at the base of the screws. Is that the difference?

Both mine are exactly like those from Paul or Darrell, btw.

Thanks,

Dolf

Guest Darrell

Can you guys please enlight me about the difference(s) between these Medals posted above?

The only difference I see between those posted by Paul and Darrell, and the ones from Eric is that little "thing" (screw-nut?) at the base of the screws. Is that the difference?

Both mine are exactly like those from Paul or Darrell, btw.

Thanks,

Dolf

Also, are there two different mint markings? I read this somewhere. It would be nice to see a closeup of each if this is true.

Edited by Darrell

I think the basic distinctions are:

1 - screwback

1.1 - nut at base of screwpost

1.2 - no nut at base of screwpost

2 - pinback

Is this right? Mintmarks??

So according to this, the difference between those posted by Paul and Darrell is that they would be 1.1, and those posted by Eric 1.2 instead.

Have to check the Mondvor site to confirm this and for possible differences on Mintmarks. If only it was not so slow to download and not only in Russian... :(:blush:

Thanks guys,

Dolf

Mondvor only talks about the Moscow mint. No reference to the Leningrad one. And all mintmarks posted here seem to be the moscow one... ;)

Ch.

Christophe,

So you confirm there are different Mintmarks? Moscow AND Leningrad?

Would you by any chance have pics to post of samples with the Leningrad Mintmark?

Thanks,

Dolf

No, no Dolf :shame: . I just say the Moscow mint!!!

Ch.

Ok, sorry, I guess I misunderstoood your previous post and thought you meant that both Mintmarks do exist :blush:

Dolf

(..), I have also noticed that on the Nutless version was minted in Leningrad and Nuted version in Moscow. (...).

Please, could you give us your sources, or, better, post some pics of these medals with the Leningrad mintmarks ?

Ch.

Heres a pic of the Leningradski screw nut, I have discovered a new variation? :jumping::o:cheeky:

OoV,

For a decent view, can you please try to eliminate 99% of everything around the screwplate (crop it with Photoshop for example) in order to have a pic of the screwplate occupying most of the area of the final pic?

Thanks,

Dolf

Here is what I meant. But in my case as I copied your posted pic all I got is a screwnut of the same size of the one you posted, but if you do it yourself from the original photo maybe you might get a better result. Anyway this pic is unfortunatelly way too blurred to show it clearly :(

Edited by Dolf

The mint mark on the medal looks like an anchor? I cant make out the mint mark on 2nd Class with the Moscow mark

Well it came with the medal from a dealer on ebay based in Hong Kong it came a Military Vetran medal and I also got my crab from him, but he never showed the screw plates on his listings. But I have never seen the screw plate on any thing else, I have never even seen a Leningrad Screw Plate before today, there isnt even one listed in PMD (Real or Fake).

I have croped and enlarged the pic for for you

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory

The mint mark on the medal looks like an anchor? I cant make out the mint mark on 2nd Class with the Moscow mark

(...)

Order of Victory

OoV,

Is the mint mark similar to the ones posted by Paul R and Darrell (see the first posts of the thread) ?

Ch.