News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals for Distinguished Military Service

Dolf,

Even on the blured one you make out the Russian characters for LEn or have I just been looking at this for way to long.

Christophe,

I will try but my photographic skills are not brillient look at the screw nut.

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here s the pic from the mondor site

OoV

That's pretty much what mine looks like. Kinda. It's so damn small it's hard to say even under magnification.

Is it worth trying to set up my zoom lens to get this?

And if I do can I post images here? I'm a new member (probationary) and I haven't paid any money to be an associate yet. Do I have priveledges? :catjava:

Guest Darrell

I could take a better picture with my camera but it's tucked away :unsure:

Here are some closeups of my pictures above of the mm:

Guest Darrell

The silver one looks kinda like "MM(x)" which should be the Moscow Mint as the Red Book says.

Gotta go out for Birthday Dinner :beer: Maybe when I return I'll dig the camera out to get a good closeup shot :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what mine looks like. Kinda. It's so damn small it's hard to say even under magnification.

Is it worth trying to set up my zoom lens to get this?

And if I do can I post images here? I'm a new member (probationary) and I haven't paid any money to be an associate yet. Do I have priveledges? :catjava:

Eric,

I believe you can post pics up to 60Kb until you post a certain amount of posts (not sure how many, maybe a Moderator can help you with details), then you'll be able to posts pics up to 110Kb.

Dolf

Eric,

I believe you can post pics up to 60Kb until you post a certain amount of posts (not sure how many, maybe a Moderator can help you with details), then you'll be able to posts pics up to 110Kb.

Dolf

obrigado Dolf. :)

Ha!! I can post images!

Here's the first of three images of my two "nutless" MMs.

Unfortunately the images are not good. Basically what stands out is an outer border of dot dot dots with some unintelligable squigles inside. :(

Here are pics of my two are they fakes?

I think, they are okay.

I haven?t seen one of these fakes in the flesh so far, but Alexei and the Mondvor website do mention them. He said, they are crude in appearence and the mintmark is badly made.

Those maker marks are absolutely brutal to zoom into .... aaarrrgghh :speechless:

No joke! In between the reflectivity and the modest curvature ... gaaaahhh!!!

Looks "organic" to me anyway.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Justlooking through some soviet items and I found a vetran of of GPW Screw back badge, its very similar to the Leningrad screw nut on my Distinguished Military Service 1st Class exept it says Saint Petersburg not Leningrad.

Could the screw plate be off somthing else?

The plot thickens.........