News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Combat EKII1914 and non-combat Hindenburg cross???

12 hours ago, Daniel Krause said:

Yes, right.

If I remember correctly,  about 5.000 EK2 on the combatants ribbon were handed out for merits at home.

Best,

Daniel 

As far as I remember only 5000 EK2 on the white 'n black ribbon were awarded during ww1 and 10 times more in the aftermath of the war.

8 minutes ago, Kvart said:

Ok, I see. But the non-combatant ribbon for the EKII then? Was that only awarded to civilians?

No, but mostly yes! 

No. 2 different things...

As I mentioned, about 5.000 combatants EK2 on the black ribbon were awarded for merits at home.

The EK2 on the white ribbon for civilians and officials was awarded about 3.000 times in WW1 and about 10.000 times in the years after.

Best

Daniel

I have no trouble with this combination, but please keep in mind the "combatant" 1914 Iron Cross was awarded to any recipient who crossed the German borders, while the Frontkämpferkreuz required a relative proximity to the actual front line. I actually think most such combinations we see today were not necessarily won at home, but rather in the Etappe.

:whistle: