News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please identify this decoration

Hello,

Thank you all. Yes I found it. 

Sorry for not including the main photo but another photo.  In the main photo, it was worn on the neck.

I found this website:

https://www.identifymedals.com/database/medals-by-period/pre-ww1-medals/the-order-of-saint-stanislaus

1st class

It is worn on a moiré red ribbon, the breadth of two and a half inches, double white stripes at the borders, worn over the right shoulder with the star on the left side of the chest.

2nd class

Cross of the same form, as for the first class, but of lesser magnitude, worn around the neck, on a ribbon with a width of one or two inches.

3rd class

Cross of the same form as the first two classes but worn in the buttonhole on the same ribbon with a width of five-eighths inches.

According to this website the decoration is Second-class.

Thanks again

Demir

IMG_8886a.jpg

2nd c.PNG

Edited by demir

Hello,

When I compare the photo of the medal now with the Russian order, they don't look similar.

I think the colored picture at the top is also not the medal on the black and white photo of the medal attached to collar of the uniform. Also, the photo was from WWI and Turkey was in war with the Russians.

I think, the medal on the collar must be a decoration of the allies, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria

I need your views please.

Thanks

Demir

Adana 31.10. 1918 (2a).jpg

Demir,  The cross in the image seems to flare out at the ends in the style of Bulgarian National Merit [Civil & Military Divisions] Order insignia [type of Pisan Cross] but has no suspension crown so probably not one of those--too smallfor a commander badge anyway.  Looks like there may be either a wreath or some sort of connection between the arms OR the cross is superimposed on a round base..  Sorry not to be of more help for the present.

Thanks a lot.

After all these comments, with your help and with Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's list of military awards I think it is

Austrian Militär-Verdienstmedaille mit Schwertern,  II. Klassen 

Military Merit Medal with with War Decoration and Swords   2nd Class

With Liman von Sanders on 31 October 1918 in Adana, Mustafa Kemal Pasha was appointed to the command of the Yıldırım Army Group, replacing Liman von Sanders. 

Best wishes

Demir

Adana 31.10. 1918a.jpg

Military_Merit_Cross_2nd_class_with_war_decoration_badge_(Austria_1916-1918)_-_Tallinn_Museum_of_Orders.jpg

Edited by demir