News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm rewatchting a favourite TV series from when I was a kid, Fall of Eagles. I knew that Adrian Forman loaned many orders for the filming, but does anyone know what happened to his collection over the years?

It wasn't Adrian Forman, but his Dad who loaned the Kaisers orders to the series. As I knew Adrian's Mum and Dad somewhat and was a frequent visitor to their shop, Forman's of Piccadilly opposite Green Park back in the 80s, I had the good fortune to actually have in hand what was called the Kaiser's Great War medal bar. Besides the medal bar, Forman senior owned several of the Kaiser's orders as well as other artifacts. He had an original Kaiser standard hanging on the the back wall of the shop.

Adrian sold the medal bar and other orders some years ago. It was discussed here in a thread. But I can't find the thread. If I remember, a collector in the US  bought them. I'm sure some other member knows more about it.

The Great War medal bar as worn in the show.

Kaiser Fall of Eagles.jpg

Edited by bolewts58

Thanks Rick,

I haven’t seen all episodes of the series. I need to check it out. I also need to look bad at your traveling circus thread again. That one should be pinned so its easy to find imo.

36 minutes ago, VtwinVince said:

Thanks gentlemen, I'm guessing that Forman acquired these items from Huis Doorn?

Again, it wasn't Adrian, but his Dad. When Fall of Eagles was made, Adrian was a teenager.

7 minutes ago, jaba1914 said:

Forman had a nice collection of aviation badges too.

This was sold at Thies years ago.

KR
    Alex

Yes. Some of them came from me. I sold him my aviation collection in the 90s.

Very interesting. I wonder if the GC of the EK that Friedrich III is shown holding was an actual period piece? Of course they got some details wrong, such as showing EK2's from 1870 being worn before the war took place. I also like the looks of the RAO with brilliants that Bismarck is usually wearing.

On 03/03/2024 at 12:29, jaba1914 said:

Forman had a nice collection of aviation badges too.

This was sold at Thies years ago.

KR
    Alex

Hello Alex,

I also believe that prior to Thies auctioning the large medal bar of Kaiser Wilhelm II, it belonged to collector George Seymour.  Mr. Seymour also owned many orders that belonged to Kaiser Wilhelm II at one point.

Best regards,

Edited by Schießplatzmeister

• 2 weeks later...