News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Red Bible Has Arrived!

• Replies 150
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the web sites up and running will it mean that postage is any quicker :unsure:

BTW Gerd, what guy from yesterday :o

Order of Victory

LOL. Don?t you love it, when germans try to make jokes in english :cheeky:

In the most cases i get my research very quickly after i paid it. I think i only once waited longer than 2 weeks.

What does he need a website for? I?ve sent him at least 10 new customers last year andi know, i am not the only one. He won?t have the time for my research anymore :speechless1:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Dave that it really does not take a rocket scientist to look at this forum and see that files are being released. It does not take a rocket scientist to look through ebay or dealer sites to see documented/researched groups. And given that the USSR probably produced more rocket scientist than anyone else :cheeky: I really do not see any problem for them to trace any one releasing info should they want to! Moreover, if the in researchers in question create a website, then it is even easier to track the person responsible! The aura of cloak and dagger is really nothing more than make belief and if anyone thinks otherwise then he is really insulting the intelligence of the Russian authorities!

However, having said that, not posting a name is fully understandable if the researchers request that their identity remain private for whatever reason.

But I still think that by and large researchers are doing nothing wrong or illegal whether in providing their very useful service. To the contrary, they bring to us the names and deeds that make what would just be a piece of silver and enamel eye candy into something special, personal and worth treasuring forever!

Jim

Just an update on my book.... I hope to have my first batch of books ready by the 3rd week of December - hopefully at the latest by new years. I realize that doesn't help folks buying 'em for Christmas, but I do what I can do! The price will be $40 plus shipping per book.

Dave

Guest Rick Research

Nick has added a new sales section for new research books and CDs etc.

Am still waiting for my two German award rolls done so far to actually "meet paper" too--

so it looks like we should start forming a Famous Militaria Authors Club around these parts! :beer:

so it looks like we should start forming a Famous Militaria Authors Club around these parts! :beer:

and my JOMSA article (on Soviet awards to Americans) will be in the next issue of the JOSMA, with my Homeland 3rd article coming out shortly thereafter... :beer:

Dave,

Congrats on your JOMSA article. My introduction to the Order of the Red Star is in this issue, Nov-Dec. I also have an OMSA Monograph about the Campaign Medals of the USSR with the editor. It would seem that many of us are putting our pen to the paper.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Just an update on my book.... I hope to have my first batch of books ready by the 3rd week of December - hopefully at the latest by new years.

Welcome to the holidays... I should be seeing copies of the book by mid January. Ah well... :P

P.S. More info can be found about the book on my website: http://www.forvalor.com/NoDeed.htm

Edited by NavyFCO

• 2 weeks later...

Got the proof weight, so now I have shipping costs for the book!

If anyone is wondering what to do with their extra Christmas money, I am accepting pre-orders for the book now for a late January mailing of the book (hoping that the printing press doesn't explode or anything...) I've sold approximately 25% of the first run of the book. But don't worry... I can always print more! :cheeky:

I'll make a post down in the "for sale" section as well, but since most of us don't look down there often (I do have a nice Admiral's medal group for sale, btw...) :rolleyes: I'm letting folks know up here as well.

Dave

Got the proof weight, so now I have shipping costs for the book!

If anyone is wondering what to do with their extra Christmas money, I am accepting pre-orders for the book now for a late January mailing of the book (hoping that the printing press doesn't explode or anything...) I've sold approximately 25% of the first run of the book. But don't worry... I can always print more! :cheeky:

I'll make a post down in the "for sale" section as well, but since most of us don't look down there often (I do have a nice Admiral's medal group for sale, btw...) :rolleyes: I'm letting folks know up here as well.

Dave

Fantastic News Dave :jumping:

I cant wait, to see the finished item :cheers:

Order of Victory

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

My first box of books arrived (they come in boxes of 15) so I'll do what I can to get the first few reserved ones out (others have to go to the copyright office, etc...) this weekend or next weekend (the tough part about living away from your home!) I should have another box in in the next 10 days or so with another batch.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...