News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Every Single 1870 EK Winner's Name and Unit List

Came across a wonderful "little" title on my last research trip to the big city: A complete register of the winners of the 1870 Iron Cross with first names and units :jumping:

Some 1200 odd pages it contains the names of the winners from all contingents in all classes.

Regards

Glenn

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

HOLY GRAIL ! HOLY GRAIL ! HOLY GRAIL !

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

NEVERMORE the Unanswerable Question:

"But WHICH Premierlieutenant Schmidt?"

How about Bavarian Field Artillery Regiment 4 Oberstlieutenant (when dedicated in 1879) "Kirchhoffer?"

WOW!! :jumping::jumping:

That such a thing exists and we didn't know!

I checked it: The K?niglich-preu?ische Ordensliste was published from 1862-1905. It had a predecessor, the

"Ordens-Liste der Ritter und Inhaber k?niglich-preu?ischer Orden und Ehrenzeichen", which was published from 1825-55.

Edited by webr55

WOW!! :jumping::jumping:

That such a thing exists and we didn't know!

I checked it: The K?niglich-preu?ische Ordensliste was published from 1862-1905. It had a predecessor, the

"Ordens-Liste der Ritter und Inhaber k?niglich-preu?ischer Orden und Ehrenzeichen", which was published from 1825-55.

The 1905 was the last "full" year but "Nachtr?ge" were published up to 1913. I am currently pulling all the first names of hundreds of Officers and Military Officials from the 1906 & 1907 Nachtrag.

Regards

Glenn

I note that most of the Schmidts above are enlisted men.

A GREAT find.

Congratulations again.

Great research detective work.

Uhhhh-not to be too bold, but how can we/I get a copy?

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

YAAAY!!!!! They are ALL there ALL ALL ALL-- not "just" the Prussians!!!!

Never even dreamed such a Roll ever existed. :jumping::jumping::jumping: AND it is already is almost-alphabetical (alphabetical at least by last names and ranks down in regimental order) so no hunting through 1,3000 pages for a name.

MUST HAVE!!!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Jeff,

Uhhhh-not to be too bold, but how can we/I get a copy?

I have not yet decided how to "distribute" this. If there is some interest I will copy it to cd as a pdf file for a nominal fee at some stage.

webr55,

they are generally in order of name and again sorted by rank. There are actually four full pages of Schmidts!

Here are some awards on the non-combatant ribbon.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks Glen. I would be very grateful for anything you could send my way.

...and I would be more than happy to pay any fee required for this work! :jumping:

Again, my congratulations.

This and the 1914/15 book uncovered by Dave Danner are the most important Grman medal 'discoveries' done in the last decade I reckon -and a major find for historical research at many levels! As my nephew would say- "you d'man"!