News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Luftwaffe Corps of Engineers

Hi all,

Just acquired this one – a tunic for a Flieger-Stabsingenieur. The tunic unfortunately is not named.  It is in good condition – a few moth nips but the insignia still looks very sharp. The pink and blue really do look good together!

0072_zpshbxiyrwy.jpg0070_zpssh3eward.jpg

See the link below for more pictures:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7861019#post7861019

Cheers,

Brad C

Edited by Brad Cancian

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...
    On 7/9/2017 at 19:39, Brad Cancian said:

Hi all,

Just acquired this one – a tunic for a Flieger-Stabsingenieur. The tunic unfortunately is not named.  It is in good condition – a few moth nips but the insignia still looks very sharp. The pink and blue really do look good together!

0072_zpshbxiyrwy.jpg0070_zpssh3eward.jpg

See the link below for more pictures:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7861019#post7861019

Cheers,

Brad C

I really like this one. I love the EK sponges.  Wonder what this guy in WWI?  Surprising no wound Badge.

I don’t do Luftwaffe, but my favorite type of tunic that I collect are Heer Engineers.  Is there a thread started on GMIC for that?

• 2 weeks later...

Some beautiful tunics MH - just sent you a message :)

Thanks Ostprussenmann for your kind words on my tunic. Unfortunately the name tag was removed so I can’t research the history. A wound badge would make sense, I agree. A pilots badge is also a possibility.

Before I collected Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps I collected Heer pioneer uniforms. I still have a few tunics and visors which I could post in another thread if there isn’t one already?

cheers,

Brad

19 hours ago, Brad Cancian said:

Some beautiful tunics MH - just sent you a message :)

Thanks Ostprussenmann for your kind words on my tunic. Unfortunately the name tag was removed so I can’t research the history. A wound badge would make sense, I agree. A pilots badge is also a possibility.

Before I collected Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps I collected Heer pioneer uniforms. I still have a few tunics and visors which I could post in another thread if there isn’t one already?

cheers,

Brad

Brad, first off I read my posting and realized I had some spelling errors; must have been fat fingers while using my phone to post.  Second I have not found a thread on Heer/WSS Pioniers so go ahead and start one one and we can both post.

I am still trying to find me my dream Heer Pionier tunic from Pionier Battalion Nr. 22, which a relative served in.

Hi all - some more recent pick ups. Firstly, this tunic for a fliegeroberingenieur. Unfortunately it is not named, but everything shows consistent wear and it looks like the insignia has been there forever. It is of a rather small size. 

0083_zpsrgfrglhs.jpg

0084_zpsruefhrcz.jpg

0085_zpsiinttrkl.jpg

Next up is a pair of breeches for a generalingenieur. You can see that the colour is ingenieurkorps and not General Staff.

0086_zpst0vvhriq.jpg

0082_zpsg95drkah.jpg

Lastly is this tab, for an NCO, essentially an engineering officer cadet. Unfortunately it is only the one and not a pair.

0087_zpsvcrmqewx.jpg

0088_zpsv2jral0g.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Hi everyone – here is another addition – a white summer tunic for a Luftwaffe Stabsingenieur. This one is made from a soft ribbed silk-like material. It is very soft, and very light weight. The insignia is all removable, including the collar tabs, which are held on by snaps (the tabs fit the snaps perfectly, and the snaps are not sewn through both layers of the collar, which gives me confidence that they have been with the tunic for a very long time). It is not named. This is only the second summer tunic for this branch that I have seen.

0097_zpsrmqfpbs5.jpg0100_zpspnkey5xx.jpg

0104_zpshpnt9mnv.jpg0101_zpsatbgdgfl.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3019_zpsgofgeg9y.jpg

Thanks!

BC

• 4 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Hi all - some new additions. 

A single tab for a Beamte auf Kriegsdauer, Major equivalent (I am after a pair of these, if anyone has any leads please let me know!)

0105_zpsorvktuo5.jpg

Second is a set of boards in cellophane for what appears to be an ingenieurkorps Generalingenieur. The weave of the cords is a little loose, but this is not unusual. The backing on these is an interesting colour, more carmine than pink, but it matches some of the other tabs that I have. I have found that general officer insignia in this branch seems to have varied in colour more so than the other officer ranks.  

0106_zpskpxo3q1a.jpg
    0108_zpsj7tjktep.jpg
    0107_zpstrhtmi3x.jpg
    0109_zpsr2791era.jpg

Cheers,

BC

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...