News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

After over 5 years of collecting Imperial German items, here is my collection (minus a few flight badges on loan). Naturally, I want to thank Stogieman for helping me find some of my treasures. The majority of the items are unattributed and untraceable....hopefully the next piece added will have a name or documented lineage. Thanks for looking!! :beer:

Edited by Steve K.

Thanks fellas.......

As you can see, Mecklenburg is the preferred flavor (Rick spotted my favorite Strelitzer gem!)...but actually any of the northern German states will do!

Ulsterman, the medal is Meck.-Schwerin Civil Service Medal (3 grades..gold, silver and bronze), one of the few Imperial medals worn at the neck, given to scientist/engineer/civil types. The Meck.-Schwerin 1870 bar is my 'holy grail' piece.

Edited by Steve K.

@dond, I agree. :beer:

@Gerd, I wish I had more medal bars to show but that's all I have, except for a few single pieces scattered around my study. I do have a nice, unmounted Mecklenburg Knight's Cross of the Wendish Crown Order. But that sits in its own special case!

The Imperial Air gunner badges (prussian or bavarian :love: ) are my favorite. Real ones are just so hard to find. I will put those I have up for discussion when the time comes!

Now that I know you have a real Mecklenburg fetish....

:shame: Don't tell my wife.....

I think I've seen the upside down FF2....one of those weird anomalies that was certainly induced by imbibing the concoction of water, malt, hops and yeast (aka: the great elixir of life!). :beer:

• 3 years later...