News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Stogieman,

Sad? I suppose so, but I really love these old guys with so much character. :love: Have you ever noticed that for some reason, a preponderance of them seem to be Bavarian?

I don?t find the placement of the EK as being so odd for a Bavarian bar, especially if the second ribbon is established to be Bavarian. As you know, the Bavarians and Saxons often followed this pattern. What do you make the last ribbon out to be? From the picture, I am guessing something Schwarzburg?

Lastly, this picture raises a question which I?ve thought of in the past. We have all been through the multiple 1870-71 Prussian war medal awards; but I was wondering if (now don?t laugh Gentlemen, some decorum please) #1 was it possible under the regulations for an individual to receive the EK2 on both the combatant and non combatant ribbons and, #2 if so, are any such awards known? :blush:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Thank you seeheld. Of course, shame on me. :blush:

Paul R - the first medal is the Bavarian Order of St. Michael, 4th class cross with crown.

What is missing in the second place??? Stogieman - from the picture, the ribbon looks like the combatant?s EK, Red Eagle, Crown Order, et al. with swords - correct?

Again (see post #6, above) I would like to ask if it was possible under the regulations for an individual to receive the EK2 on both the combatant and non combatant ribbons and, #2 if so, are any such awards known?

If you made some assumptions as to what the second decoration was, can you link it to the first for an ID? I know it would only be a guess, but it could be thought provoking and maybe lead to other things.

Is the last one the Iron Crown (assuming Peace Class) as mentioned above?

I don`t think it is brunswick, these are the typical yellow and blue tones of the iron crown....

I have to agree. My first thought was the Brunswick cross also; but the ribbon, while similar, is not correct - no yellow side stripe and the blue stripes are too wide. Of course, this could be a substitution; but in this case I doubt it.