News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian People's Republic Awards

Hi all,

Here are my newest additions courtesy of Charles (Hunyadi)... many thanks Charles!!!!

First off... the Return To Power medal. This one is actually cased but I'll had to do pics of that with the digital camera if anyone would like to see it. This is one he's had on hold for me for some time and I finally managed to work it out. Really love the gold, enamels and colors on these:

• Replies 461
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles was kind enough to include a bunch of stickpins with the medal. I love these... so many different types. I'm very tempted to start a collection just of stickpins and other types of small pins as there's such a variety and on so many different subjects. And from what I've see they tend to be fairly inexpensive. And just about all the Warsaw Pact countries had them in massive quantities.

Anyhow on these I'll have to let Charles point out which ones are which:

Being a Leo I'm very partial to the Lion pin. :jumping::jumping:

And last but not least for now... what is now the center of my Hungarian collection and my pride and joy. :jumping::love:

The pic is Charles but I'll be happy to do more once it arrives if anyone would like to see additional shots. You have but to ask and ye shall receive. :P I'm hoping it'll be here sometime this coming week. I can't wait to see it in person. I've loved this group from the moment Charles originally posted it and I can't barely believe it's coming to live with me now. :jumping:

To say that I'm excited over this group is the understatement of the century! Charles... I know you know this but I promise to give it a good and loving home! And we do expect you to come and visit with it and us as often as possible once you're back stateside. :D It will always have an extremely honored place in my collection. In fact... I may have to name a wing of the den after you! :P

Thanks sooooo much!!!! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

Nice Munkasor group from Charles. My recent thread on Torzsgarda pin should help you figure out what a lot of the pins are that Charles included with the group.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks! :beer: I love it more than I can express in words. I'm going to be pacing holes in the floor till it arrives but I know it's well worth waiting for.

Will definitely check out your other thread re: the pins. :jumping::jumping: Thanks. :beer: So much to learn! But that's part of the fun! :P

Niiiiiice group! :jumping:

What really jumps out at me is the 1958 sports in though-note the metallic composition. That speaks volumes right there (RE: Partisan badges).

Whats the size and weight?

It's just a "hair" smaller than a U.S. nickel... about 20-21 mm, if that helps. :unsure: On weight... not very much. I'd have to use our digital restaurant scale to get an exact weight. Will try to do that asap. :D

As I recall the pin was made of an aluminum alloy and was a strange item to be made in such a way for the year it represented. Anyhow - mostly for the Capt'n to see, but items on the hunt this weekend - also a 1970's dress tunic for a Lt.Col of the Engineers was in the lot of itmes I found - but its sitting outside - smoker had that before me - so its going to de-fumigate for now. Interesting itmes - the Excelent Worker document is #22 for 1959. Medal bar :love: The Bakalite case - I had a lonely Sztahanovista for 1952, and the rest...

And here is the Medal to the Title "Hero of the Hungarian People?s Republic" and the "Order of the Merit of the Hungarian People?s Republic"

Notice: This are only illustrating pieces, the weight of the first is only 2 g.

Hi Charles,

WOW! My friend, you outdid yourself!!!! I just had a feeling you were gonna find some terrific stuff this weekend!!!! :jumping::jumping: Absolutely outstanding!!!!

May your good fortune continue and may more goodies pop out of the woodwork on your future shopping trips! :beer:

And a question at least:

Has anybody an idee what sort of decoration this is? On the backside stands 1949.

Hi Richard -

As memory serves me the central theme is the "coat of arms" for the Architects "Guild" - or Epitesz Mernok (Building Engineers) - From the date and the style (like the Order of Merit of Hungarian Freedom) - I am making the assumption that this was for awarded for rebuilding after the war.

Your cased set of WW3 medals is the only other one known to exist at this point.