News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wonderfull bar,

but if my memory serves me correct,

it is a bit strange for it to be a frack bar as a frack bar would have to be worn on the right breast,

and this bar is clearly german

But the first medal is something strange to me, then a bunch of french, prussian and other imperial german states, greek medals

Can't be really clear about this one.

but... WHAT A BAR!!

left to right

Order of the falcon knight 1st class

Order of the zahringer lion, knight first class

the name escaped me of this one...

Order of the redeemer, greece, knight

prussian order of the crown, appears 4th class

Legion d'honneur, france, officer

Unknown medal....

Kind regards,

Jacky

Edited by Jacky

I cannot remember the name, but the bar. He's been a Russian Jew, born in Kiew, later "Hofrat" or similar in Baden (-> Z?hringer and Berthold Order) and probably in some other German dutchies. An artist? Don't think so, no ...

The bar was published - with a nice photo and the documents(!!!) - in an older OMM, I'll look for it later.

Now I found it, it has been in OMM 86, from october 1998: It is the frack bar of Gabriel Jacques Rosenberg, born 1858 in Shitormir, died 1929 in Berlin as "Hofrat Dr. Gabriel Jacques von Rosenberg".

The articel gives much more information about his life and other awards he received as well pictures a photo of him, of this bar and of four documents. I could scan and post if, if you want me to.

The articel gives much more information about his life and other awards he received as well pictures a photo of him, of this bar and of four documents. I could scan and post if, if you want me to.

BY all means SCAN and post great to see the man behind this great bar :jumping::jumping:

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

A loud voice had thundr'd from beyond all clouds.....

Light flashes every where....

And the voice said....

POOOOST IT PLEASE

;)

as a simple mortal man, I can just accept the divine will

and say, Yes, please post this article ;) always just post it... ;) we're eager to wait...

Kind regards,

Jacky

Hmm, just one litte problem: each of the three pages has scanned about 400 to 500kb, but my postings are limited to 110kb. If I make the pictures smaller, I cannot get them small enough to post them AND them being still "readable". :banger:

I could mail the pages to someone else who is able to post biggeeeer pictures, hmm?!

Here's the picture of Mr. Dr. Gabriel Jacques "Santa Claus" von Rosenberg, but that's it for now. :blush::(

Guest Rick Research

"If I make the pictures smaller, I cannot get them small enough to post them AND them being still "readable". "

There is absolutely no problem whatsoever if you have an EPSON SCANNER. Everybody just get an EPSON scanner!

Presumably his Tsarist award first "top" in the photo was upgraded off the bar when he got a higher class.

Hello,

And i wonder who made that beautifull white falcon => any idea's iff it should be possible to show the reverse of that one. I wonder who produced that one :rolleyes:

The article does mention that he did receive the White falcon 1 e class arround 1900 for "general merit"

Cordial greetings,

Presumably his Tsarist award first "top" in the photo was upgraded off the bar when he got a higher class.

And, as we can "see" on the photo, he has yet a Stanislaus Order 3rd class, hmm?! :lol:

(or at least a litte bit of ribbon on his neck)

A matching ribbon bar would be a great pleasure for Rick to identify, wouldn't it? Just THREEEEEE plain red ribbons. :speechless1:

Edited by saschaw

Hello,

Oh yes, and his pinned awards should be :

* Nischan-el-Iftikhar-Order - Tunesia ( Breaststar towards the Grandcross - model 1882 - 1902 )

* Civil merit Order - Bulgaria (Breaststar 2 nd. class)

Then several Russian awards :

* Badge from the Russian University graduates (right upper)

* Badge from the schools under the protection of Emperes Maria Fedorowna

* others = unkown

Cordial greetings,

I really like them persons-specific threads with so much info, not just a career and a known frack-bar but all the rest of what isnt on the bar too, most certainly on such a beautiful photo!!

Edited by David M