News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Administrative Officials

• Replies 232
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post my Luftwaffen-officials here in this new topic, the intention is, that Paul R can take them and sort them in, in his interesting threads about the Luftwaffen uniforms.

First one - this older comrade is shown in his officials-uniform...

... but later he wore the uniform of an official of the LSW ( Luftschutzwarndienst )

Another fellow, wearing the SHD insignia. SHD stands for " Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst "

and yet another one

Next one is a Oberstabsintendant. His name was Martin Zwing. He was on duty at the airbase Bad Aibling.

Next one - I am not sure if this is an official. Narrow shoulder boards but almost like a general ?

However, I like that photo very much. I believe that it was taken at Amsterdam.

That last one (#5) has a corker of a ribbon bar: backwards or Austrian (?) Austrian/stateLS and HK?

The one above the Spanish cross is worth discussing too-....quite the Bavarian.

Edited by Ulsterman

Notice the differences between the portrait and the group photo.

The men in the group do not wear the GL on collar tabs, they wear them directly on the collar.

They also do not wear a Luftwaffe breast eagle, but the metal GL badge instead.

And they wear side-caps without eagle but with a soutache. Quite interesting.

Next one is from the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst

Thank you Robert!! There is so much. I will place copies in the appropriate section. I like the image with the various officials at the award ceremony!! Great stuff!

Paul

Guest Rick Research

The chubby fellow in photo 1 is wearing the LSW "breast eagle"-- I wonder if he just borrowed his pal the Luftwaffe Hauptmann's cap for that photo?

The guy on the left in the Acropolis photo is wearing a uniform of such profound weirdness-- microscopic chest pockets in the wrong place, hem too short so the lower pockets are jokes, and apparently 5 buttons in the front that all I can say is

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

and NOBODY would touch that today. Must be the world's first fake/re-enactor. :rolleyes:

:cheeky:

The guy on the left in the Acropolis photo is wearing a uniform of such profound weirdness-- microscopic chest pockets in the wrong place, hem too short so the lower pockets are jokes, and apparently 5 buttons in the front that all I can say is

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

and NOBODY would touch that today. Must be the world's first fake/re-enactor. :rolleyes:

I noticed that one too - very unusual. Also interesting one is wearing a pistol and the other a dagger.

The photo of the fellow with the silver Spanish Cross without swords is a scarce one - my sources show only 327 of those were awarded.

Great group of photos - thanks for sharing them!

:D:D:D:D First Re-enactor !! Very good !

I forgot to mention why I like the Amsterdam photo - look at the man at the left - he is making a film ! Not photos !

Kind regards

Robert

The photo of the fellow with the silver Spanish Cross without swords is a scarce one - my sources show only 327 of those were awarded.

!!

I just learned something new. Without swords means not in a combat area? :Cat-Scratch: