News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Administrative Officials

• Replies 232
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really isn't my thing, but it came my way due to a couple of other items in the group. I believe this is for weather?

Luftadmin1.jpg

Luftadmin2.jpg

Luftadmin3.jpg

Luftadmin4.jpg

Yes... I remember seeing that one for sale! I am definitely envious! I was going to sell off my General Staff tunic for that beauty! Congratulations!

He is a Meteorology Major! I will find the correct title later!

Paul

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Paul, In the early posts you say NCO medium career is only Oberfeldwebel. Then 1941 rule add two aluminum pips. Are they still Oberfeldwebel only? If so I think one of the pics later in the thread is misidentified. Trying to clarify for my own good.

Paul, In the early posts you say NCO medium career is only Oberfeldwebel. Then 1941 rule add two aluminum pips. Are they still Oberfeldwebel only? If so I think one of the pics later in the thread is misidentified. Trying to clarify for my own good.

Can you please paste a link to the photo in question? I could very possibly be wrong.

I am learning a lot so I could be overlooking the obvious. But, I see and don't understand;

Post 40 says it is an Oberfeldwebel(lower career level one pip). Shouldn't that be a Feldwebel? I thought Oberfeldwebel was 2 pips? Also related am I correct in assuming a lower career NCO board with no pips would be not possible? Post 41(medium career with 2 pips) says it is a Hauptfeldwebel. Isn't that an Oberfeldwebel? The NCO rank chart does not show a Hauptfeldwebel. Why would the earlier regulation for medium career not have pips but is Oberfeldwebel when normal Luft board Ober had 2?

Thanks for all you research, Eric

Here is part of post 3;

On 02November1940,

1. Lower Career- The shoulder boards are identical to those used by the other officials with the Oberfeldwebel ranking. The base color was that of the branch color

(dark Green) and the center color was that of the nebenfarbe. The upper layer consisted of a blue/grey cord, twisted to loop at the buttonhole.

Pips were used to differentiate between Feldbwebel and Oberfeldwebel.

2. Medium Career- The braiding was made of double blue grey flat cords iwth a center strip of aluminum and surrounded by double blue grey cords. This is

is a three layer board with branch color and nebenfarbe. There were no pips, as the only ranking possible was Oberfeldwebel.

On 01February1941,

For the medium career, the regulations changed requiring the use of two aluminum colored pips per shoulder board.

I am learning a lot so I could be overlooking the obvious. But, I see and don't understand;

Post 40 says it is an Oberfeldwebel(lower career level one pip). Shouldn't that be a Feldwebel? I thought Oberfeldwebel was 2 pips? Also related am I correct in assuming a lower career NCO board with no pips would be not possible? Post 41(medium career with 2 pips) says it is a Hauptfeldwebel. Isn't that an Oberfeldwebel? The NCO rank chart does not show a Hauptfeldwebel. Why would the earlier regulation for medium career not have pips but is Oberfeldwebel when normal Luft board Ober had 2?

Thanks for all you research, Eric

Here is part of post 3;

On 02November1940,

1. Lower Career- The shoulder boards are identical to those used by the other officials with the Oberfeldwebel ranking. The base color was that of the branch color

(dark Green) and the center color was that of the nebenfarbe. The upper layer consisted of a blue/grey cord, twisted to loop at the buttonhole.

Pips were used to differentiate between Feldbwebel and Oberfeldwebel.

2. Medium Career- The braiding was made of double blue grey flat cords iwth a center strip of aluminum and surrounded by double blue grey cords. This is

is a three layer board with branch color and nebenfarbe. There were no pips, as the only ranking possible was Oberfeldwebel.

On 01February1941,

For the medium career, the regulations changed requiring the use of two aluminum colored pips per shoulder board.

Sorry it took so long to come back here. Getting onto this site at my current position is almost a miracle, due to bad internet connections.

Anyway, I have pasted your post to a word file and will check my references after the work day to double confirm. If I am wrong, I will make the corrections and add a reply here, when I can.

Thank you for pointing these out.

Paul

I hope I am finally a "contributor" to the cause. If not and I confused the issue I can take a little humiliation, just don't be too cruel.

Hi! :jumping: I am sorry for the confusion.

Lower Level Officials- There were intially two paygrades

Feldwebel(Shoulder insignia with one pip/dark green collar tab with three triangular pips)

Oberfeldwebel(Shoulder insignia with two pips/dark green collar tabs with four triangular pips)

Later, a third paygrade was established

Oberfeldwebel(Shoulder insignia with two pips/dark green collar tabs with four triangular pips over a wreath)- perhaps I was calling this a Hauptfeldwebel... I saw this somewhere but I cannot find it... This rank is higher than Oberfeldwebel, but the only difference in the rank insignia is the wreath under the pips on the collar tabs. I use more than one reference, so I will thumb through them all when I get a chance.

The collar tabs were unpiped and the cables that made the shoulder boards were solid blue-gray in color.

Meduim Level Officials only had one paygrade for NCOs:

Oberfeldwebel- (Shoulder insignia with two pips/dark green collar tabs with four triangular pips over a wreath). The cables used to make the shoulder insingia were blue grey with the silver center cord. The collar tabs were piped with the twist (originally blue/silver and later dark green/silver) outer piping.

I have not been able to go back and re-read my original posts, as it takes about 20 minutes for each screen to load up. I will re read and make any corrections. Thank you for pointing this out to me! This is a confusing topic, for me even(and I love this stuff). I want to make things as "painless" as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...