News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Ooooo! :Cat-Scratch: can't REMEMBER the last time I saw a Baden M1913 LD2!

Definitely a "Sergeant" who got that grade BMVK3XmKr as an initial 1-time award in that Imprial army rank title.

Kind of odd that he put the Bavarian award in front of his own Baden one, but maybe he didn't want to divide the pair.

Are the stripes on the last ribbon green? If so this could go back to a Bavarian bar with a single Baden medal that someone has placed the wrong medal on. I just can't decide what color the stripes are.

Chet

Kind of odd that he put the Bavarian award in front of his own Baden one, but maybe he didn't want to divide the pair.

He or his tailor might have been a stickler for precedence and figured a kingdom took precedence over a grand duchy.

Nice and interresting bar indeed, with the strange order ...

Ooooo! :Cat-Scratch: can't REMEMBER the last time I saw a Baden M1913 LD2!

Well, they're not to incommon. Wanna see some? ;)

If I was him, I would have placed the bavarian in last position then ... :P

It must be Freudian... deeeeep down this guy dreamed of being a bayer......

More like a mild form of OCD - having to sort, crosses with crosses and disks with disks

Edited by Naxos

He could also have been a Bavarian NCO who got shuffled into a reconstituted Bavarian unit.

I have got a Bavarian reserve artillery unit book that mention NCOs (who were later promoted to Lt. dL.) drawn from FAR 14.

The Bavarian medals aren't seen very often with other state's medals (for other ranks-the MVO4x seems to have been given out with enormous frequency).

A war time bar? No HKx or Kyfsrerbund medals and why else would you have this made?

That last ribbon though-what exactly are its colors?

Edited by Ulsterman