News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Showing my ignorance here,

What is a 'pioneer' tunic? I've seen midwar Luftwaffe flight tunics with black collar tabs instead of the usual yellow described as 'pioneer'. ???

I remember seeing a Panzer wrapper with white/black twisted piping, pioneer.

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert,

not quite sure what you are asking, but if I understand you right

you mean Luftwaffe combat engineer - It woud be springendes Personal ie Paratrooper

File0012_cr.jpg

Paratrooper combat engineer would wear a flight tunic with black tabs

Hardy

Thank you,

That's exactly what I was looking for - one gull on black tab. Combat engineer, huh? The dealer called it a flight 'pioneer.' I'll have a look at the piping color on the shoulder boards. Are these black as well?

Robert

Yes

FSA.gif

Para award to a Luftwaffe Combat engineer

Regards, Hardy

Hi Robert

LW pioneer tunics are rare. I would like to get one as I collect Heer pioneer. I have a question. Were they had the black tabs factory applied or applied by the soldier after been issued.

I had seen some on dealers sites, but none that I have felt confortable it was an "original" LW pionner tunic.

regards

Juan :cheers:

That is a great uniform. The visor was probably harder to find than the tunic, unless they came together. What a wonderful and rare display! Would you please show us the stampings inside the tunic, if you wouldn't mind? Is the gull applied before the tab was sewn on, or after?

Luftwaffe GAB?

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

I don't want to take it off the torso form but it is LBA marked as well as stamped Peek & Cloppenburg Rotterdam. The gulls on the collar tabs have been added after the tabs were sewn down. Oh yes, the visor is possibly more rare than the Fliegerbluse but then again an unmonkeyed-with Fliegerbluse like this one is extremely difficult to find. The badge I have affixed to it is a para badge.

Thank you very much, Gene. I've been looking at a pioneer tunic like yours, and talking with the seller about the piece. It's on hold for me until I either make up my mind to buy, or decide to slide. I was just curious why yours didn't have the Juft GAB on it. Oh well, they can't have everything. The tunic I'm looking at is very nice, near mint. I need to get some photos to post to have you guys a chance to see it, and give me the final verdict. The collar tabs have been factory sewn, the gull added later. It's also a Unteroffizier with litzen. I'll do my best for photos soon.

Robert

• 4 weeks later...