News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EKII "round 3"

Hi All...

I haven't posted anything recently so I decided to show my latest purchase. This is my 50th EKII, so to mark the occasion I decided to treat myself to one of these - a "round 3" variant.

This example has a stippled core with a stepped swastika (similar to the swastika on some '13's). It is in very good condition but looks as if it may have been cleaned at some stage. It has all the unusual die flaws and characteristics of other examples I have seen.

It is quite a 'thick' and heavy cross and far more substantial than most. Hope you all like it as much as I do!

As usual, all opinions and comments are appreciated.

Regards - Danny

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments.

As regards the armband, this was just a quick photo taken when I had all of the crosses out of storage and the armaband was a quick space filler! When I do eventually get them into a display I will be taking Chris's advice and use a more fitting centre-piece.

Regards - Danny

Nice and big colection!!

The sides of the second class crosses measure the same?

I mean the sides of my one second class, measures 26 mm, while my iron cross first class sides, measure 25 mm. Depends on the maker?

The second class is marked 100 and the firs class 6.

Edited by Alonso

• 1 year later...

Looking good, personally I would toss the flag out and get something more suited to the EK as a centrepiece.

Best

Chris

Explendid!!!

By the way, please someone send me a link to manufacturer?s list of EK2, 1939, I?m just missing the mine...Thanks :rolleyes:

Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments.

As regards the armband, this was just a quick photo taken when I had all of the crosses out of storage and the armaband was a quick space filler! When I do eventually get them into a display I will be taking Chris's advice and use a more fitting centre-piece.

Regards - Danny

A nice EK1 would be an awesome centerpiece.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind comments!

Things have changed quite a bit since those photographs were taken... practically all of the unmarked examples have moved on to be replaced with marked examples. The search has gotten a lot slower now that the common makers are ticked off the list.

The makers included in my collection (x56) to date are:

1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 40, 44, 52, 55, 56, 60, 65, 66, 75, 76, 93, 98, 100, 106, 113, 120, 122, 123, 128, 132, 137, 138, L/11, Round 3 & Schinkel one-piece.

Ben -

An RK as a centrepiece?!... I WISH!!

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never manage to get one of those unless I win the lottery (which I don't waste my money on anyway, so winning may be difficult!)

Paul R -

I have so far managed to restrain myself from getting into the world of EK1's. I have enough trouble and expense with these second class as it is!

Regards - Danny

Danny, the condition of the core of your rounded '3' is in very nice condition, and this type of core is the more difficult to find. :cheers: A very impressive collection of ekII's to date. Maybe an ubergrosse would do well as a centerpiece one day. :cheers:

Edited by ekhunter