News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

A mystery to me as well. Friedrich Hertwig from the Karabinier-Regiment and RIR 241 was a prewar officer and was promoted to Oberleutnant d.R. in 1917. Günther Hertwig from RIR 102 was commissioned in 1914. That would appear to leave the Leutnant d.R. in Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 183 (4.1.1918) and the Leutnant d.R. in Train-Abteilung Nr. 12 (10.7.1918).

Of the three Gefreiters who received the Militär-St. Heinrichs-Medaille (GR 101, RIR 101, RFAR 53), I can't find anything which connects them to either of these 1918 Leutnants.

If it was in the Sächsische Staatszeitung, I would say he must be included unless we have absolute proof that he did not get it. 
    Same with a notice from the Offizier-Verein.

All sorts of weird things happened in the final stages of the war (and afterward), procedures were not always followed. 

Notice for Lt Eusterbrock, who was from Wiedenbrück. His first name should be Theodor, according to VL.

According to genealogical sources, he lived 1894-1986. Was Lehrer in Burgsteinfurt. 

Gütersloher Zeitung, 16.5.1918

eusterb.jpg

No new info here, but it looks like in the 1930s, people seemed to regionally collect names of HHOX recipients (we had an example here earlier from Halle). Those lists would have been interesting - from Hagen only one is named here, Rektor Franz Wurm (we have him already). 

Hagener Zeitung, 29.6.1934

wurm.jpg

New first name: OTL aD Otto Schmitz, died 1926.

Hagener Zeitung, 2.8.1926

schmitz.jpg

Edited by webr55

And indeed, a few days later, several further recipients from the Hagen region were posted:

Hermann Kracht - we had him already.

Paul Noelle/Nölle - new first name, from 1. GzF. 

Erich Schmolinski - we had him, went into RAD. 

August Tempelmann - new first name. 

Hagener Zeitung, 12.7.1934

hagen2.jpg

One of the Wolffs, Regierungsrat aD Paul Wolff, died 1945.

Hagener Zeitung, 3.3.1945

wolffP.jpg

On 20/02/2023 at 22:04, Dave Danner said:

A Vizewachtmeister Triep, also with the Meldeamt of Coesfeld, was promoted to Leutnant der Reserve on 24.12.1916; no Waffengattung or Truppenteil is listed, but as a Vizewachtmeister probably Feldartillerie.

Dave,

that is your man. Paul Triep, commissioned into Feldartillerie-Batterie Nr. 856.

Regards

Glenn

New first name: Lt dR and student of theology Hermann Blindow, KIA 1918.

Herforder Kreisblatt, 24.6.18

blindow.jpg

Another new first name: Lt Gustav Bohn, from Hilchenbach, Regierungssekretär, KIA 1918.

Hilchenbacher Zeitung, 22.9.1917 (award notice) and 25.6.1918 (death notice).

bohn.jpg

bohn2.jpg

On 20/02/2023 at 23:24, Dave Danner said:

The Schultz who received the HOH3X on 18.7.1918 as a Hauptmann der Reserve in FAR 504 was Alfred Schultz, *30.7.1871 in Medingen, Uelzen, "schwer verwundet" in 1918 as commander of I./FAR 504.

I have no idea what his Friedensverhältnis was. He's not the 2.GFAR officer, who was Dr.jur. Karl Schultz

Dave,

I have 2. GFAR Dr. Schultz as Alfred. In 1911 he was a Regierungsrat in Düsseldorf, shown in both Rangliste and the court and state handbook with an LD2.

Dr. Karl Schultz was a Rechtsanwalt also in Düsseldorf and shown with no LD2.

Regards

Glenn

Here is an interesting notice: several officers of IR 74 got the HHOX at the same time. It seems they were all listed in the Staatsanzeiger with date 28.05.1918.

We have some of them already with full names, but not these (but now we know they must all be from IR 74):

Hptm Fischer (couldn't find first name)

Hptm dR Brandes (couldn't find first name)

Lt Teichmann, should be Carl Otto (sometimes Karl), from Harderode, acc. to VL

Lt dR Wendebourg, should be Gerhard acc. to VL, died from his wounds around July 1918

Hannoverscher Kurier, 16.5.1918

74er.jpg

Edited by webr55

Hauptmann der Reserve Moritz Moosmayer from Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr. 13 was born on 19 May 1970 in Weißenstein, Oberamt Geißlingen, Königreich Württemberg. He was a Württembergischer Oberförster/Forstmeister in Justingen and is listed as a Major der Reserve a.D. after the war. According to a family tree, he died on 19 February 1967, but no source is given.

He received the HOH3X on 18.9.1918 and was thrice decorated by Württemberg, with the WF3aX, then the Militärverdienstorden in place of the WF3aX, and then in 1918 the WF3aX again. Although he was a Prussian officer, he has a personnel file and Nachlaß in the archives in Stuttgart.

Edited by Dave Danner

great stuff, unbelievable!!!

About Paul Wolff - his HOH3X was listen in the Zentralblatt der Bauverwaltung 17.08.1918 as Regierungsbaumeister in Danzig, unfortunately no military assignment listed...so I wonder if he migt be the Hptm d.R. in FAR 20...

Tiedje is interesting, mentioned as Führer Sturmabteilung - I had him at the KaGOHL 2...

Best,

Daniel

A little more info on Dr. Gerhard Kip. 

Born 2.6.1884 in Neuenhaus/Bentheim. Dr. phil. Univ. Halle 1910. I couldn't find his death year, but he got the Federal Merit Cross as Oberstudiendirektor a.D. in Wiesbaden in 1958: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Bundesverdienstkreuz/1958

kip.jpg

And I suppose this is a Princely one? Thun (27.6.1918).

image.thumb.jpeg.9fb0fa3ad3b6d644cf86922a7984f572.jpeg